Quantcast

《☆》~《☆》~《☆Monday Gets The First Laugh☆》~《☆》~《☆》

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
word on the meniscus is that I should wait until 12 weeks to start loading it more in deep flexion. which would be the end of this month. so I'll resume reasonable pace trail riding then (shall do some kid pace rides prior to that probably), but no DH this season since I'll be getting back into the swing of things.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
finally some good weather and I showed the gods my appreciation by riding some tacky trails. Finishing the day with a burger and shake on the patio.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
vacation is over, I'm back 'at' work. not feeling super productive. managed to put an order in with Bike 24 though... new front tire for the wet season (2.6 super sticky muddy mary), new (aluminium) flat bar for the boy (to help him fit on the too large bike he is left with since some scum stole his propper fitting bike), some fresh rubber for my SS commuter, and new pedals. eh.

School work to be done.
has skool started already for youz guyz?! :eek:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yay, I get to fight with Ford over them clearly fucking up a repair, and then claiming the the part just coincidentally broke the same exact time it was in the shop. (Yes, it was part of what they were trying to repair ).
Right now it is he said/she said. Waiting to talk to the local GM, and escalate from there.
SO fun.
Good news is that the initial repair was paid with Amex, who are amazing with this type of crap.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to say I had the most incredible salad this weekend. It was listed as a Stone Fruit, berry, and tomato salad with coconut dressing and coconut crumbles. They used heirloom tomatoes and the black and red berries with the dressing was just next level. It sounded like it would be pretty good, but damn.

TOMATO, STONE FRUIT & BERRY SALAD
smoked coconut milk dressing, coconut creme crumbles

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
What did you get? I tried a few really long bikes when I was last in the market, and TBH, I never got along with them. Ended up with a more "classic" fit bike 'cause that's what I was used to and I'm f'n old. :D
I got a 2020 Pivot Switchblade. It's pretty tricked out (custom pink graphics on everything and XTR/XT) and a nice build, It's wheelbase is virtually the same as SqEarls SB130 (medium).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Went to a corgi event at a nearby brewery yesterday. There were several fluffy potato loafs to be seen, including a few in various degrees of costuming. I’m not looking to add one to the household in the immediate future, but it was nice to talk to a few owners about what it’s like to have one.

View attachment 198887
Well, I found out there are corgi races at the Santa Anita horse track (near me). So as I was figuring out when those were I stumbled across the details of this event. I couldn’t not go.

I also found a rescue group that hikes with corgis at a local trail, and they’ll loan you a dog if you don’t have one.
You should get a dog.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
RFP went well. Only real question from the board was about the difference between what I do and what our CFP services team does. It made my boss define the differences, which makes pretty clear that the gap between what I do and what I should be doing are pretty substantial. It also makes it pretty clear that the value difference doesn't have any vagueness around it. I get CFP money or he needs to find new people (plural) and I'm mid two RFPs, so...

I wonder if I could get Hannah into a kart. :busted:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Off work until next Wednesday.

Short ride this morning. Then saw Oppenheimer and went out for dinner.

Cable service switchover tomorrow.