Quantcast

《《《 Thursday, February 16, of the year 2023 》》》

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They freeze in an exterior wall, in a crawl space, or ???
Yes. Branch from the crawlspace that splits and goes to an outside spigot, and the kitchen sink. Kind of a dumbass arrangement.

I just took a shower to pass a bunch of water through the system and the kitchen freed up after having a space heater in the cabinet beneath it for a few hours.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yes. Branch from the crawlspace that splits and goes to an outside spigot, and the kitchen sink. Kind of a dumbass arrangement.

I just took a shower to pass a bunch of water through the system and the kitchen freed up after having a space heater in the cabinet beneath it for a few hours.
My kitchen sink sits against an exterior wall and I've had to initiate cold air mitigation processes this winter. Boo hiss

I had deleted an outdoor spigot but failed to plug the 3/4" hole in the wall. Stuffed a rag in the hole and 5 hours later we had water again.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
New 20A branch in the basement successfully tied into panel. All outlets work, no fires or fatalities.

Going to break in the Kickr tonight, see what that's all about.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
P100 mask on. No way was I going trust holding my breath. :rofl:

Nope, I was up on a ladder flush cutting trim. Trying to manage the vacuum hose was just too awkward.
Probably not going to be a problem. Just don’t make a habit of it. Bad habits for craftsmen can cause issues later in life. Wish I wore hearing protection when I was in my 20s and 30s. Now I have to wear cans just to run a vacuum cleaner around the house. :disgust1:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
About time...
There are definitely some quirks.

So far I can't stand not being able to un-group items on the taskbar. For example if I have 4 Edge windows or 4 different Excel sheets open, I've always hated how the default action is to pile them into one grouped taskbar button. It gets so clustered and adds time switching back and forth..

There also seems to be some weird stuff when searching the start menu, some items are missing the run as admin option in the context menu. Others have it no problem. Try searching for gpedit or local group policy, seems to be no way to run it as admin from the start menu.

mmc.exe also seems borked.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh hey bros!

Managed to get some sweet sweet zone2 in this morning before work, after having a good night's sleep, and after riding outside yesterday. Life is pretty good these past 24h.

Phone screened a couple of candidates, and have been reconning bike to work routes for the upcoming summer. Plus I got tacos for lunch.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nerfed my left knee somehow while clearing snow off the ///deck...FML

MRI on my right knee earlier in the week came back clear for meniscus issues, they think I've got bursitis in it...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Coworker asked me to co author a paper for an upcoming conference. His abstract is so poorly written that it will take me more time to help edit it than it would have been to write it myself. My objective is to a good enough job to be helpful but not good enough for it to get accepted. I don't want to spend a shit ton of time fixing someone else's garbage for their personal gain.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Coworker asked me to co author a paper for an upcoming conference. His abstract is so poorly written that it will take me more time to help edit it than it would have been to write it myself. My objective is to a good enough job to be helpful but not good enough for it to get accepted. I don't want to spend a shit ton of time fixing someone else's garbage for their personal gain.
Just put your name on it in the primary author's role

Maybe he won't notice.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Tell him you'd be glad to present for him so he doesn't have to attend. Then give the speech as him, in drag, wearing lederhosen or simply sans pants. Also make awkward comments to everyone you introduce yourself to. Leave a real good impression of your coworker. He'll surely appreciate the effort.

There are definitely some quirks.

So far I can't stand not being able to un-group items on the taskbar. For example if I have 4 Edge windows or 4 different Excel sheets open, I've always hated how the default action is to pile them into one grouped taskbar button. It gets so clustered and adds time switching back and forth..

There also seems to be some weird stuff when searching the start menu, some items are missing the run as admin option in the context menu. Others have it no problem. Try searching for gpedit or local group policy, seems to be no way to run it as admin from the start menu.

mmc.exe also seems borked.
You'll also get this on occasion, just shouldn't happen:
1676583698124.png

To which I respond with
rem Restart Windows Explorer, use if icons on taskbar disappear.
rem ------------------------
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
start explorer.exe

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
But you have significant interest in practical jokes.....
I also have zero interest in shitting on my own projects, would just prefer to fly under the radar.

I like to do good work then shoot myself in the foot by insulting leadership. It is kind of a family tradition.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I thought it was someone else's garbage for their own gain..

Man aerodynamics is hard!
It is a paper on one of the projects I am leading. One of the engineers on the team wants to do a paper on it. Being the author gets him brownie points.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Was checking Kickr/Zwift for setup and connectivity with my tablet and found myself in some baseline test unexpectedly in jeans and sneakers. Now I'm all sweaty and have to pick up my kids.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
great ride; bad day for wheels. buddy's i9 broke a spoke at the bottom of our descent and it pushed back through his rim strip and tire. stupid i9 design. he had to hike it most of the way back up 2000' over 4 miles.

then i had to swerve to avoid a truck drifting into my lane on the highway on the way home, went off the edge of the road, and absolutely SHREDDED my front passenger tire. stupid hybrid = no spare b/c batteries, so waited on AAA for 1.5 hours to tow me to tire shop. UGH. Here's some hills seen from the way home before said incident to end on a happy note.
1676596321155.jpeg

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
great ride; bad day for wheels. buddy's i9 broke a spoke at the bottom of our descent and it pushed back through his rim strip and tire. stupid i9 design. he had to hile it most of the way back up 200' over 4 miles.

then i had to swerve to avoid a truck drifting into my lane on the highway on the way home, went off the edge of the road, and absolutely SHREDDED my front passenger tire. stupid hybrid = no spare b/c batteries, so waited on AAA for 1.5 hours to tow me to tire shop. UGH. Here's some hills seen from the way home before said incident to end on a happy note.
View attachment 189455

that was i9's marketing manager

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Y U NO CHAT GPT/AI?

(I actually have no idea if that’s even applicable. But probably is)