Quantcast

《《 Yellow orb day 》》

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Getting out to the dirt jumps in the AM for a short video shoot. We are making a little video for the pumptrack fundraiser and need to conduct some interviews.

Lawn care and maybe a bicycle ride also.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Went with mom and looked at arty stuff coz my old man won't do it.
This was my fav from the Archibald* entries.
PXL_20230521_011055821_1.jpg

*Big deal art thing over here.

Somebody bought this-
IMGK9322 (2).jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I accidentally a whole bbq chicken pizza last night. Downhilling will do that to you. Hung out with the kids and chilled in the hot tub while the wife was out with the neighborhood milf club.

Garden stuff today. Maybe a bike ride this afternoon? Probably do some grilling tonight

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Study. BBQ tonight. Company website won't allow logging in to either it or the app, which is shit. Glad that I didn't want to do our balance sheet/finances this morning.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
AQI finally solidly down in double digits. Time to give the lawn some attention. Weeds are absolutely thriving after these storms and it needs a thorough dethatching.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
At my mother in law's. Yesterday we celebrated my wife's birthday, her mom's birthday, her dad's birthday, her brother's birthday and two of his kids' birthdays. We call it the "super fiesta".

Will take the kids to go the Biodôme in downtown Montreal as soon as she gets back from her walk with her mom.

Missing a return visit from one of my buddies who moved away last year. A bunch of the guys are at another buddy's house at the hill for some riding and some grilling (Mont Sainte Marie for those that know it). Kinda bummed to be missing it, but it's nice to see family too.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
took wifey to see picasso exhibt last night before it closes today, ran into some friends there and went for a drink afterward, which was cool. just rescued a humingbird from our screened in porch. chores on tap, short ride this afternoon maybe. then dinner somewhere with wifey. gotta book flights for her and older kid for maine in july; then cabin in the mountains for august.

get car back from shop tomorrow with new tire and, according to them, no other damage (hit an exposed-and non-flourescent-painted) manhole cover the other night in the rain where they had the street ripped up).

writing deadline on weds; should then be able to chill for a bit, fuck off and ride bikes a bit, and start work on future projects.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@jonKranked Continuing form yesterday's 'retire early' conversation - reduce spending on core expenses.

Phones are an easy one. Most major carriers are super expensive. We switched to Google Fi a couple years back and are paying $80/m for four lines.

With utilities, it's finding efficiencies and using outstanding discounts. Xcel here will do a household energy assessment to help identify where you can drop energy usage . Everything from using LED bulbs (sold for almost free) to insulation improvements (with huge discounts) and identifying things like leaking windows and offering super low rate loans for windows and solar.

Then coupons too. I use apps for Cashback, store apps for coupons, and old fashioned paper coupons.

A budget will do far more to get you to be able to retire early than just about anything else. Preventing impulse buys will save tons too. And every time you save money on something, that money automatically goes into savings.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
A budget will do far more to get you to be able to retire early than just about anything else
Never a bad idea. Definitely one of the best tools available once you’ve achieved a certain level of income and wealth (probably a given for most of us on a mountain bike forum).

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Never a bad idea. Definitely one of the best tools available once you’ve achieved a certain level of income and wealth (probably a given for most of us on a mountain bike forum).
The less money you make, the more important it is.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The less money you make, the more important it is.
To a point. There are people who are in situations that can’t be budgeted out of. But I certainly agree that for most people it’s still good to have a budget and be aware of spending habits. Maybe not always for the goal of early retirement, but just life in general.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@jonKranked Continuing form yesterday's 'retire early' conversation - reduce spending on core expenses.

Phones are an easy one. Most major carriers are super expensive. We switched to Google Fi a couple years back and are paying $80/m for four lines.

With utilities, it's finding efficiencies and using outstanding discounts. Xcel here will do a household energy assessment to help identify where you can drop energy usage . Everything from using LED bulbs (sold for almost free) to insulation improvements (with huge discounts) and identifying things like leaking windows and offering super low rate loans for windows and solar.

Then coupons too. I use apps for Cashback, store apps for coupons, and old fashioned paper coupons.

A budget will do far more to get you to be able to retire early than just about anything else. Preventing impulse buys will save tons too. And every time you save money on something, that money automatically goes into savings.
what about avocado toast tho

You would enjoy driving my EQB btw. Nice and zippy up GGC Rd (paying much attention for bikers climbing, of course).