Quantcast

》》 geemtea《《

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Mornin!

Dunno what people think that they are doing, but we had someone try to poach our campsite last night in Yosemite. We’ve had 7 nights at reservable campgrounds so far on this trip and people have tried to snipe ours on 3 out of those 7 nights. Get off my rented lawn! :rant:
I wanna hear more.
Did they just squat when you were gone?
Who told whom to GTFO?
Was an LEO involved?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I wanna hear more.
Did they just squat when you were gone?
Who told whom to GTFO?
Was an LEO involved?
First two nights were in Banff. One was a German couple who were on a motorcycle touring adventure. Mighta been a language barrier thing. We had enough room in our site, so they moved their tent over to one side of the site and we ate dinner over beers.

Second time, on the next night, was a Canadian couple who had already set up tents and had shit strewn all over the site. Kindly told them to GTFO as camping in Banff is pretty hard to come by and we didn’t get there at 7 am only for them to waltz in at 4 pm and declare it their own.

Last night was another foreign bunch who, despite the ‘reservations required’ sign at the entrance to the camp site, saw an open spot and claimed it as their own. Came back at 9:30 last night and had to knock on their door and tell them to GTFO. They asked me what should they do, to which I had no helpful responses. Campgrounds in the Yosemite Valley are reservable 6 months in the future for a reason.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What are your thoughts on leftovers tomorrow? Did it get sun fucked in the afternoon?
North facing stuff will likely stay good. I skied a south-ish facing run (skier’s left of Roundhouse coming down to Sunnyside lift) at the end of the day and it was heavier (and deeper) but not unmanageable. Anything protected should be awesome. We were still getting untracked in the trees all over the Jane at 2pm. There was a fair bit of cloud cover most of the day, with periodic sun.

I did hear Luv was super windy today, not sure if things got effed or not.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What are your thoughts on leftovers tomorrow?
Amending my previous report regarding leftovers: I decided not wait until tomorrow to sample the leftovers, and they were fantastic tonight. Swedish meatballs in a coconut cream gravy served over mashed potatoes and raspberry jam.

Top. Facking. Notch.