Quantcast

【ツ】sarcasm Sunday GMT 【ツ】

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
First trail ride in a while this morning. Felt good and I need to get back on that wagon a few times a week.

Special shout out to the Strava warrior who chose not to slow down to safely pass my wife during his self-proclaimed “time trail”. She’s enjoying the scrapes from the thorns. I understand your times are far more important though…
Yup, that’s pretty much why I stopped riding in Greensboro five years ago. Decades of riding experience without any trail side conflicts until then. The GSO used to have a chill scene back in the day but now it’s full of jackasses like you mentioned. Only time when I have wanted to literally beat the shit out of another mountain biker. Just don’t need that kind of shit during my anger management sessions.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
First trail ride in a while this morning. Felt good and I need to get back on that wagon a few times a week.

Special shout out to the Strava warrior who chose not to slow down to safely pass my wife during his self-proclaimed “time trail”. She’s enjoying the scrapes from the thorns. I understand your times are far more important though…
stupid beatty warriors.

did a quick rip at purser to spin the legs. they felt like ass but that place is fun to tear around. lots of hikers today though...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rode 29 miles with 3300 verts and thought that was a lot, but apparently it is not. Well it's a lot for me, god dammit. The rain held off most of the day which allowed me and teh splat to ride much longer than we expected. Got 84 miles in over the three days. We're here until tomorrow but tomorrow is almost certainly going to be a wash out.

For you monkeys who are KT-aware, splat and I rode the connectors back forth from town to Moose Haven today. Had a blast. Definitely a lot of work but was more fun than I expected. Moriah's Ascent > North Pasture > Snouter Shuffle > Besaw outbound, and Flower Brook Trails all the way back. Would do again!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Rode, purchased groceries, removed half the old cable TV infrastructure from the side of the house, now beer on the patio while the kiddo naps, Dino hunting after said nap.

On the subject of cable TV, is it illegal or something to remove old cable bullshit when no longer in use? Previous house had 3 sets of cables to every room, this one is just a single set but they left the damn conduit coming through the patio they paid ungodly sums to have poured, and left all the cables and shit up on the eves when they had the house painted, so now I’ve got tan stripes going everywhere I’ve gotta repaint. Fucking rookies man, if you’re not using it, remove it.

One day I want to have the cash to build a brand new house from the ground up and not have this kinda poorly planned bullshit going on.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
did a quick rip at purser to spin the legs. they felt like ass but that place is fun to tear around.
You choose wisely. Was that your first time there? I like that place and it’s pretty close to home. I don’t know why we don’t go there more often.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Rode, purchased groceries, removed half the old cable TV infrastructure from the side of the house, now beer on the patio while the kiddo naps, Dino hunting after said nap.

On the subject of cable TV, is it illegal or something to remove old cable bullshit when no longer in use? Previous house had 3 sets of cables to every room, this one is just a single set but they left the damn conduit coming through the patio they paid ungodly sums to have poured, and left all the cables and shit up on the eves when they had the house painted, so now I’ve got tan stripes going everywhere I’ve gotta repaint. Fucking rookies man, if you’re not using it, remove it.

One day I want to have the cash to build a brand new house from the ground up and not have this kinda poorly planned bullshit going on.
Sure hope not, cause I tear all that stuff out when I get the chance. I fully intend on removing any trace of the cables on the exterior of our house when I replace some siding.

If I was doing our house from scratch, it'd have lots of conduit for signal stuff (Ethernet, coax, speaker wire, whatever).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If I was doing our house from scratch, it'd have lots of conduit for signal stuff (Ethernet, coax, speaker wire, whatever).
:stupid:

Gimme conduit running from the basement to the attic. Control center in basement built to house everything. Fishing cables or running it on the outside of the house is bullshit.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
This should give you an idea of our last place. I believe this particular masterpiece was for the irrigation system. However, it was a common theme throughout. Yanked all this crap out and did it correctly.

FED51619-D706-49C4-998C-0FA87E942909.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
38 mile road ride at a steady pace. focused on keeping my HR in zone 3 which yielded an avg pace a touch over 16mph. felt good, felt like i could have gone much farther, which is exactly what i was after for today's ride. wanted to find the sweet spot ahead of next weekend's 75 miler.

mowed the lawn. now beer and relax. burritos for dinner.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Road some singletrack and dirt road. Legs feel freakishly strong but my cardio is no where close. Can rocket up short rooty climbs but end up anaerobic and sucking wind like I was designed for it.

Also, those little wheeled e-bikes with stupidly wide tires and the clueless morons who pilot them can all go ride off a cliff. M-kay ?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You choose wisely. Was that your first time there? I like that place and it’s pretty close to home. I don’t know why we don’t go there more often.
nah, i've ridden there with the kiddo a ton. skipped the jumps today. needed to get gas, so nearby costco affected my choice vs. closer byt and more challenging poston...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
fugazi should have been my favorite local band....nope...these guys...

These guys could rock too:

Though after Fugazi, I probably saw more Tsunami shows than anything else

Everybody crushed on Jenny Toomy but I was a Kristin fanboi.

Too Jawbox, though I probably listened to more Jawbreaker as far as band names that start with Jaw...

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Evening monkeys. Sad day at my house...our pet bunny passed away. He was 7 and had a good life, but it didn't make it much easier. After his burial, I went and picked a bushel of tomatoes and some peppers and another bushel of mixed squashes and a few eggplant so that will keep me busy next weekend.
Another busy week with games Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday (if it isn't a total washout tomorrow).

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It is raining, We never get rain in September. The guys on the fire lines must be loving it. Going camping on the Noyo River this week. Ruth just told me I should bring my fly rod and go fish while we are there. Damn I love that woman.

Espresso and then putter round for the day
My brother is up in Apple Hill, said it's drizzly and dark. Perfect weather really for apple ranching.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

I'll say it again, 800mm bars. Not just for comfort, but to send the stravasoles flying off the trail into the canyon that won't yield. Hell, sometimes I'll just stop mid-trail and watch how they plan to try and get around me. Hilarity ensues.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Rehab sucks. Worked out at the gym, which is about all I can do. I did climb 1-legged style on auto-belays yesterday, but otherwise again, not a lot I can do. Drove out to AutoX and drove back. Can't race because I can't stand around for a few hours working a corner. At least I can drive the manual 1LE again though. NA V8 and track suspension is great.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
These guys could rock too:

Though after Fugazi, I probably saw more Tsunami shows than anything else

Everybody crushed on Jenny Toomy but I was a Kristin fanboi.

Too Jawbox, though I probably listened to more Jawbreaker as far as band names that start with Jaw...

jawbreaker and samiam were both amazing...if i'm going dc, other than fugazi and minor threat as being generally good across their range, i'll take me most of dag nasty's library up through four on the floor...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Im torn on just how necessary that is in todays day and age, virtually nothing I own even has wires/cables anymore, but I’d for sure have a central amp and speaker wire run everywhere to avoid the inevitable problem of not having good sound wherever I am.

It amazes me how short sighted builders are. My current home has 4 permanent HDMI cables running between the TV and the area they used to have a media center. That was installed 18 months ago and utterly useless today. I’m a Luddite, but even I have had entirely streaming TV using a firestick for like 7 years

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Baseboards in basement bathroom, one side of stairwell, and half of second bathroom done. Way more Dremel and feature carving than expected. Got some damn fine joints though.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Im torn on just how necessary that is in todays day and age, virtually nothing I own even has wires/cables anymore, but I’d for sure have a central amp and speaker wire run everywhere to avoid the inevitable problem of not having good sound wherever I am.

It amazes me how short sighted builders are. My current home has 4 permanent HDMI cables running between the TV and the area they used to have a media center. That was installed 18 months ago and utterly useless today. I’m a Luddite, but even I have had entirely streaming TV using a firestick for like 7 years
The Apple AirPort Express is cheap works pretty good for multi room music. I put speakers everywhere with those.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The beer tour was about a 41km trek. This medication is so depressing with how it makes beer taste like metal :(

Managed to not die but damn my leg feels so unstable at times. And stiffens up as soon as I stop pedaling.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
“Beer that tastes like…..METAL :headbang::rockout:
I wish it was :headbang: but it's more like the taste of chewing on tin foil.

The list of side affects is quite broad and I've had quite a few of them.

But I mean on the plus side is that my beer intake is a fraction of what it was. Will hopefully help shed some pounds and maybe keep my wallet a little heavier.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I wish it was :headbang: but it's more like the taste of chewing on tin foil.

The list of side affects is quite broad and I've had quite a few of them.

But I mean on the plus side is that my beer intake is a fraction of what it was. Will hopefully help shed some pounds and maybe keep my wallet a little heavier.
Weird, Diamox didn't do that to me. I did have reduced appetite, but not sure if it was the drugs or the altitude doing that to me.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Evening monkeys. Sad day at my house...our pet bunny passed away. He was 7 and had a good life, but it didn't make it much easier. After his burial, I went and picked a bushel of tomatoes and some peppers and another bushel of mixed squashes and a few eggplant so that will keep me busy next weekend.
Another busy week with games Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday (if it isn't a total washout tomorrow).
This popped up on my browser just after I read about your beloved pet.

Sorry for your loss.

The FSM [/my 5G implant] works in mysterious ways...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
OMG can I just tell you all how little I give a fuck about a) monarchies in general and b) the queen dying. Not a fucking lot. She’s the head of a brutal empire that killed even more people than the US and literally represents patriarchy and the idea of the divine right of kings. Fuck off with that backwards retarded evil shit.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
OMG can I just tell you all how little I give a fuck about a) monarchies in general and b) the queen dying. Not a fucking lot. She’s the head of a brutal empire that killed even more people than the US and literally represents patriarchy and the idea of the divine right of kings. Fuck off with that backwards retarded evil shit.
John Lydon says hi.

I run wire for secure communications and for speed. In general, devices babbling at each other via WiFi remains a security nightmare.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
This popped up on my browser just after I read about your beloved pet.

Sorry for your loss.

The FSM [/my 5G implant] works in mysterious ways...
Awe....Bunnies make great pets! Ours had quite a bit of personality. He definitely kept us entertained for the past 7 years and will be missed.

Also, I keep getting ads popping up for bunny cages and adoptions too. These implants are taking over!