Quantcast

【ツ】Savory Saturday GMT【ツ】

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
home from FL, praise the fsm. came back on spirit rather than american b/c timing was better and it was cheaper. not really worth it. also, eff the airport in orlando. also eff florida. @CBJ just stay away man.

grocery run done.

time to chill on teh couch. tomorrow is mostly shuttling kids around but can sleep in a bit at least. trying to find a fuckit day next week to hit the hills.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
home from FL, praise the fsm. came back on spirit rather than american b/c timing was better and it was cheaper. not really worth it. also, eff the airport in orlando. also eff florida. @CBJ just stay away man.

grocery run done.

time to chill on teh couch. tomorrow is mostly shuttling kids around but can sleep in a bit at least. trying to find a fuckit day next week to hit the hills.
Hope you don’t have Covid!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Out on our dog walk we encountered and older Huskey wandering around. Haven't seen him in the neighborhood before. He had a collar on with very worn phone numbers that neither of us could read. Luckily two teenagers were coming by and I asked them if they could read the numbers. They succeeded and we called and left messages and sent texts. 10 minutes later the phone rang, it was "Glacier's owner" 15 minutes later and they were at our house happily picking him up.
WIN for everyone

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
ah, I figured you were running a caterpillar after market or FASS setup and not stock. might look into a real filter setup with caterpillar spin offs.
Man I'd love to do that on my truck. The front fuel filter being buried halfway down the firewall blows.

That and paying $70 for something that a $15 spin-off can accomplish is inane.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skied

94963D92-5DF8-4617-9C13-798658D4E110.jpeg

first with Aya

then later with high school friend and his conpanion. Took a run with kids at end of day as well.

Lift lines were stupid but moved well enough.

0384EC8D-0933-44CA-9DDC-FBC1EA0E1CAE.jpeg

2D2ED00A-CB64-47BC-9ED2-A3E6D5A96651.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Parking lot where I rode today was an absolute fucking zoo. However I hardly saw a soul on the trail. I think this was combination of a lot of hikers hitting one of the few snow free mountains and a lot of goobers there to ride a new flow trail. Time in the woods was peaceful and sublime.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Man I'd love to do that on my truck. The front fuel filter being buried halfway down the firewall blows.

That and paying $70 for something that a $15 spin-off can accomplish is inane.
I ran aftermarket fuel kits on all my diesels and the filters actually last longer than stock and are cheaper. Mostly a no brainer especially when you can swap out filters in a gas station faster than your tank will fill. I doubt @eric strt6 will go that route, he is a grumpy old bugger stuck in his ways and thinks anything new is the devil.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I ran aftermarket fuel kits on all my diesels and the filters actually last longer than stock and are cheaper. Mostly a no brainer especially when you can swap out filters in a gas station faster than your tank will fill. I doubt @eric strt6 will go that route, he is a grumpy old bugger stuck in his ways and thinks anything new is the devil.
No but I have a SWMBO that insists that I not do mods and since she makes the big bucks it's a yes dear situation.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Got this bookmarked for a later date.

https://blackmarketperformance.com/products/bmp-6-7-cummins-cat-fuel-filter-adapter-07-18?variant=3187088333217

Figure $60 savings per fuel filter change, which for me works out to be somewhere between 1 and 2 years.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Actually its more than savings its injector longevity and less water in the system due to all the cheap fuel.
O rly? First diesel, so I'm new to that aspect. I typically fill up at Mobil and try to choose stations with more frequent diesel turnover. Seldom park the truck with less than 1/2 tank and have never had the WIF sensor go off.

But hey, I'm all about saving the injectors and fuel pump. Those things are super expensive.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
O rly? First diesel, so I'm new to that aspect. I typically fill up at Mobil and try to choose stations with more frequent diesel turnover. Seldom park the truck with less than 1/2 tank and have never had the WIF sensor go off.

But hey, I'm all about saving the injectors and fuel pump. Those things are super expensive.
12 valve cummins and 7.3 fords are by far the most tolerant for bad fuel and particles and I still couldn't get 80k of 8 injectors on the 7.3 without issues until I added the aftermarket filter setup. Current injectors are still going strong with 180k

More importantly the better filter kits allow you to top off at any backwater single pump station without blinking an eye at the quality of fuel.

Last edited: