Quantcast

〰️〰️’22, “we’re all gonna GET LAID!〰️〰️

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

First ride yesterday since August. Didn't go as badly as I thought; fitness was in the gutter but I managed to keep up. Twas a good reminder of how fun pedaling bicycles in the woods with friends can be.

Of course, now my ass feels worked and my body is sore from the OTB I had when nobody was looking.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man! Happy New Year! Congrats to everyone who survived another year. Not everyone was that lucky. My first order of business this morning was to enroll in the 401K catch-up plan, since I turn 50 this year. Hooray deferred compensation!!

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
House Sparrows very talkative this AM - going to be above 50° but overcast and rainy. Had a single Red Cardinal go overhead yesterday on the Canal Trail, a few playful Chestnut Chickadee at rides end.

Making pancake w/ seltzer water, trying the local Syrup.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Up bright and early for no reason. Guess I'll work on doing bills until everyone else wakes up. Still snowing; currently 7*. Might go karting this am with Haley.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
2022, here we go again!

first of 90 days without alcohol. So far I'm doing great!

hurting a bit from yesterday's ride. Elevation was not that much, but the length and steepness of the climbs at this place is a good test of fitness.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
We went out for a steak and cocktail, In bed by 2030, watched the ball drop on YT at 2100, woke up at 0000 to the sounds of war, rolled back over and snored it off. yes, I know, I am a fucking rockstar yall.

In other news, Apparently my lenses were held up via the boulder fires, no delivery date estimate now. Email from fedex was very apologetic so I think I may let it slide this time.

Need to make a quick run to the store for eggs, sausage, milk potatoes and tortillas while everyone else is still drunk and passed out.

Fuck off 2021, peace out, beeyotch!

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I rode a bike yesterday. Outside. Not sure it'll happen today. My daughter really wants to polar plunge but I kind of just want to go back to sleep.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Another warm one out today. To wet to ride trails so we shall hike somewhere. Also bought the Canyon Grail 1by gravel rig so exited for that to arrive. Happy 2022 dudes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

New Year, new me or something. Probably not, but hey. I have 20 pandemic pounds to lose, so there is that. The wife didn't care for the bike on a trainer, so I got a non Pelaton bike on order and am setting up the junk room as a workout space. I'm not about to join a gym, so wtf.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Neither door on the plow truck will open. So I guess no one is going anywhere for a while in our 'hood.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning and happy new year :monkey:

I planned to get up early and go skiing, but slept like trash so canned that idea. now coffee, breakfast, and nothing.

edit: maybe 9" on the deck, still snowing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
31 freedums here, outside dog water is a mouse skating rink. woke up to screaming knee pain at 0200 , Ibuprofen fixed that. Sore all over this morning, shuffling about like an old man....oh wait.................

Espresso then spending the day studying for my EMT Recert, I think this is my 12th go round. I can pretty much be assured that I will be the oldest person in the class.

Making home made chicken noodle soup for dinner

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I pitched to my wife last night that maybe when kiddo is a sophmore or junior in high school, we rent our house for six months, and spend that time in Barcelona or another spanish speaking city.
Amazingly, she is intrigued, but the cat would have to croak first.
I consider this a win. My kiddo has been in a dual language program since kindergarten, but a semester in country somewhere would solidify it for life.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I pitched to my wife last night that maybe when kiddo is a sophmore or junior in high school, we rent our house for six months, and spend that time in Barcelona or another spanish speaking city.
Amazingly, she is intrigued, but the cat would have to croak first.
I consider this a win. My kiddo has been in a dual language program since kindergarten, but a semester in country somewhere would solidify it for life.
I can discreetly take care of said cat for a small fee....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Neighbor started shooting mortars off at 11:58, so of course my scaredy-cat dog woke us up barking and howling. Despite going to bed at 9:45 I was up for the ball drop.

Watched “Don’t look up” on Netflix last night, the amount of star power it took to make that turd is almost impressive. They should take back all the actors Oscars from their previous movies.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Neighbor started shooting mortars off at 11:58, so of course my scaredy-cat dog woke us up barking and howling. Despite going to bed at 9:45 I was up for the ball drop.

Watched “Don’t look up” on Netflix last night, the amount of star power it took to make that turd is almost impressive. They should take back all the actors Oscars from their previous movies.
I like the way the industry is headed with some of the way they are adapting to covid and streaming services. Producers and directors are opting to spend the budgets on casting rather than major cinema productions and producing off the cuff films with more of a creative balance since streaming services dont require the major efforts of big budget films. Albeit the screenwriting and scripts take a beating for more spontaneous ad-libs they still prove to fill a gap in the industry right now. The film was funny in its brand of humor although with a ton of commercialized propaganda jokes and political jabs. Anyone can sell a film to netlfix with an approved camera for a small budget these days.

Right now the cheapest netflix approved camera is a sony FS5 (non anamorphic) that can be had used for around 1-2 grand, throw in some lenses and a small production budget and you can basically be your own producer/director. I have several projects in the works that will prove to be under 10k budgets in total.

63DA6298-DA84-48DA-A77C-20FE34B560EA.jpeg

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I like the way the industry is headed with some of the way they are adapting to covid and streaming services. Producers and directors are opting to spend the budgets on casting rather than major cinema productions and producing off the cuff films with more of a creative balance since streaming services dont require the major efforts of big budget films. Albeit the screenwriting and scripts take a beating for more spontaneous ad-libs they still prove to fill a gap in the industry right now. The film was funny in its brand of humor although with a ton of commercialized propaganda jokes and political jabs. Anyone can sell a film to netlfix with an approved camera for a small budget these days.

Right now the cheapest netflix approved camera is a sony FS5 (non anamorphic) that can be had used for around 1-2 grand, throw in some lenses and a small production budget and you can basically be your own producer/director. I have several projects in the works that will prove to be under 10k budgets in total.

View attachment 169770
This was kind of the worst of both worlds IMHO. A big budget “popcorn movie” that had the script and acting quality of a student film. They don’t need the alternative media model Netflix is fostering to get this kind of movie made, any major studio would have made it.

Jonah Hills briefcase was 3x the budget of the projects you’re working on. I like all the smaller budget more niche content that streaming platforms allow for, abd don’t expect super high level production value out of them, but when you’re filming a big budget Hollywood movie the fact that goes straight to streaming shouldn’t be used as an excuse.

Most of the jokes fell pretty flat IMO. They forget, it seems, that it doesn’t matter if the audience agrees politically, a joke should still be funny. I don’t think a single one of the “Trump” jokes landed, only good laughs I got were some of the one liners from Jenifer Lawrence.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
This was kind of the worst of both worlds IMHO. A big budget “popcorn movie” that had the script and acting quality of a student film. They don’t need the alternative media model Netflix is fostering to get this kind of movie made, any major studio would have made it.

Jonah Hills briefcase was 3x the budget of the projects you’re working on. I like all the smaller budget more niche content that streaming platforms allow for, abd don’t expect super high level production value out of them, but when you’re filming a big budget Hollywood movie the fact that goes straight to streaming shouldn’t be used as an excuse.

Most of the jokes fell pretty flat IMO. They forget, it seems, that it doesn’t matter if the audience agrees politically, a joke should still be funny. I don’t think a single one of the “Trump” jokes landed, only good laughs I got were some of the one liners from Jenifer Lawrence.
Its essentially what you get when an industry is standing around with their hands in their pockets and no coffers to exploit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Finally got some measurable snow fall here. Time to squeeze the beans and go run a race.
squeeze the bean, no?
Haley and I thought about going up. Then we saw the projected temp. No amount of powder justifies low-single digit to negative temps.
Wasn’t actually that cold after all. But the powder is thick high moisture crap. Very catchy feeling. Aya didn’t even make it one run between falling in powder and her goggles fogging up like mad.

Jessica and I will head back out after lunch (Aya with mother in law) for a few hours on our own then a few runs with elder kids post-Devo.

DCF51BC2-8B5C-42B2-9D3F-4D95F9FE493D.jpeg