Quantcast

〰️〰️〰️PESQEEBSINTROUBLEGMT〰️〰️〰️

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Only goal of this weekend is to ride my mountain bike which will be the first time this year :shout:

The super nice bike shop 750m from my house is closing down. I tried to support them as much as I could such a shame they are closing down.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Imma go ride a bike with some pilot types. Coffee first.

G’mornin, sapiens

union contract talks
:rofl:
I wish.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
We picked up a new contract and I got volunteered to start it :banghead: . Disabled student transport. Kids are great. It's the fight my way though entitled soccer mom's driving their kids to high school that I hate dealing with. Kill me nao

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello. The baby has some upper respiratory crud and I appear to have it as well.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hurricane Dorian remnants will breeze through tonight but we won't get hit like Alabama did. I've got a 10K race tomorrow and after a summer of being hurt and limping through Ironman training I am kind of dreading finding out how much I've slowed down.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Hope for good news on the jorb today. Got an email from a dude I worked with who got called back to India. I still have a theory he quit due to the FTE we both dealt with, but I haven't probed. He is a cool dude and I hope he comes back.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Feeling like @Toshi right now. Car dealership we bought our car from 3 weeks ago hasn't mailed the title, despite having paid for it outright on the spot. Kind of at a loss of what to do other than to start badgering the shit out of them.

Anyone else gone through this before?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
On monday night, I´ll be on vacation.
Going to meet Mickey Mouse in the good ol´states with my 5 and 2yo
Will then proceed to do nothing but metabolize for the next 3 days on a beach in south beach.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Mornin!

Feeling like @Toshi right now. Car dealership we bought our car from 3 weeks ago hasn't mailed the title, despite having paid for it outright on the spot. Kind of at a loss of what to do other than to start badgering the shit out of them.

Anyone else gone through this before?
I'm still waiting on my old credit union and the state of OR to deliver me a copy of the Jeep title. It's been 6 weeks.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm still waiting on my old credit union and the state of OR to deliver me a copy of the Jeep title. It's been 6 weeks.
At least CO gives generous temp plates? We could only get a 30 day, and even that was only because we haven't declared MA residency yet, but that 30 day is set to expire shortly and I'd rather not have a useless car sitting there...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
At least CO gives generous temp plates? We could only get a 30 day, and even that was only because we haven't declared MA residency yet, but that 30 day is set to expire shortly and I'd rather not have a useless car sitting there...
I'm fine with the new car. It's the nissan dealership that can't do fuck all with my Jeep without the title that's got it's panties in a twist. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm fine with the new car. It's the nissan dealership that can't do fuck all with my Jeep without the title that's got it's panties in a twist. :rofl:
Ah, gotcha now. That doesnt sound an awful lot like their problem.

I on the other hand cannot register this without the title, so I guess I'm the one being F'd in the A on this transaction.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have had past issues with registration and car paperwork, it is true. How long did that take to get sorted out... 7 months?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
well hi.
working on a project with KGNU. Kinda stoked but they move at a glacial pace.
Wedding in Scummit county mañana. Not even like I can enjoy the free booze cuz the drive home. :rant:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hi. Spent 1.5 hours getting dressed, eating, driving to a school to present at a staff meeting as to why they should see me on a 1-1 basis next week. Presented for 1.5 minutes. Another 30min getting home. At least I have a full day plus some of the following worth of meetings from it.

Rode with Haley to school today. All she wants to do is ride her new bike, but she's still short a cassette and rear disc. Soon... soon.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi. Spent 1.5 hours getting dressed, eating, driving to a school to present at a staff meeting as to why they should see me on a 1-1 basis next week. Presented for 1.5 minutes. Another 30min getting home. At least I have a full day plus some of the following worth of meetings from it.

Rode with Haley to school today. All she wants to do is ride her new bike, but she's still short a cassette and rear disc. Soon... soon.
what size rotor? I have many.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
With that being said Erynn made us a peach cobbler that lasted less than 24 hours in our house.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Too many entitled hordes in Ketchum and Sun Valley. Riding looks good though. We may see some rain in the Sawyooths today, oh well.
You speak truth, great riding and lots of pretentious folk. Great people watching though. Now get moving to Boise! Rent a bike and have your wife shuttle you to Bogus Basin for the trail descent!

Then get the huckleberry milkshake at the Fanci Freeze. A tasty treat!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yikes. Perhaps it was best that I didn't hop on the bike this morning.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Gallery Hop tonight. Not feelin it, at all.

Have not gotten any time in the woods since I hiked with that toxic, motor-mouth on Monday. Really need to purge that conversation from my head with some solitude. It was just a staggering amount of TMI to vomit up on a new person on a first hike.

Some highlights:

- Started off by asking me to drive because she was a bit dizzy. Turns out that was caused by a recent concussion.
- Told me all about her mental illnesses, AHAD, MDD, Anxiety, Dyslexia and the meds she takes.
- Talked about her estranged daughter and grandchild, ex-husband, and ex-boyfriend.
- Daughter got knocked up at 15 and hasn't seen her since.
- She has a major crush on her landlord/boss/best friend who is of course married.
- Asked if I made wedding rings for gay people. Then told me that her brother is homophobic but she isn't.
- Brother doesn't want her dating any black guys, but he isn't prejudiced.
- Claims she only attracts black guys but isn't attracted to them.
- Complained about not being able to find anyone.
- Her brother was abused by their father starting at age 4.
- And more than once mentioned that she was not wearing underwear and how much sex she expects from whatever man she happens to be dating, but does not allow men to touch her on the first date.

edit:
Just looked up one of the meds she mentioned, Gabapentin. It's used "for treating post-herpetic neuralgia" and anxiety.

Last edited: