Quantcast

星期五的母狗 Friderp GMT 金曜日の雌馬

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Didn't get home until like 9:30pm from work.

Right back at it this morning. FFS.

And today is my team's in person quarterly meeting at the head office. I'll think I'll take a nap at lunch and then tell them "dudes it fuckit friday IM OUT" at precisely 3:57, to go riding.

But first....must coffee try it now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Today I return to the DMV, since spending an hour there on Monday wasn’t enough (as the Volvo dealer didn’t have the right paperwork in from my May lease at that time).

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Today I return to the DMV, since spending an hour there on Monday wasn’t enough (as the Volvo dealer didn’t have the right paperwork in from my May lease at that time).
Hopefully you can get it plated, then just never contact Volvo again and you've likely got a free car.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
FTS is at 11. New dishwasher should arrive today. Is it nap time yet?
dishwasher repairman should arrive today. :/

Great ride last night, on my favourite loop, that I didn't even call. Conditions are perfect. I managed to clean all the climbs and all the downhills. I'm pretty sure that's a first in the 20 years I've been riding that trail. Capped it off with a parking-lot beer, a swim in the lake, and a curry on fries at the pub. it was a good evening.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
have you reached the point yet where all the time you've wasted has offset what you saved by buying it out of state?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
have you reached the point yet where all the time you've wasted has offset what you saved by buying it out of state?
That'll depend on whether they ever process the Volvo Car Financial Services paperwork and I have to actually pay for it. I paid one month before driveaway and haven't paid a cent since since Volvo Financial has no record of the car due to related dealer paperwork incompetence.

So far it's worth it, having paid one month for 3 months of use. :D

Re: DMV adventure: Paperwork is not in. May not be dealer's fault--apparently 7 day backlog at DMV for processing papers received. DMV dude gave me a 10 day extension even though he wasn't supposed to because of the chance that it's the DMV's backlog at fault.

He also said that the dealer should be able to issue me another 30 day Illinois temp tag extension, which would definitely be necessary if the finally-processed paperwork has an error--and who really thinks that it won't?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

Grand Teton bound today. Gonna stay there through the weekend for some hiking and sight seeing before making a break for Montana and Glacier NP.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Beartooth Highway? We did that last year, but will be skipping going through Yellowstone and will go West out of the park then North.
Headed to glacier for 10 days next Thursday as well: Fish Creek and Many Glacier campgrounds FTW.

But PM me if you want any beta re: hot springs, camping, riding and beer between the Titties and Glacier.

And if for some reason you're passing through Island Park ID on late Sunday/early Monday, you and your sweetie are more than welcome to borrow a canoe/kayak/SUP to float Big Springs to Mack's Inn (3ish hours, super mellow with tons of birds and moose...)

Also good timing re: local trails as SWMMBA and MT Backcountry horseman are planning to clear every trail in Henry's Mtns /Lionhead which is just west of West Yellowstone on Saturday's trailwork day.

Shots from last year's event below (not me or my pixels, horses carry chainsaws to summit and then the bikers take over...)

So riding CDT on Sunday+ would be the pro tip:

https://www.trailforks.com/region/lionhead-15430/?lat=44.757006&lon=-111.339569&z=11&m=trailforks

IMO, the best rides in SW MT are in the Henry's -- rugged high alpine singletrack

Sheep creek
Mile creek
Targhee pass

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Apparently RFT 9.2 isn't compatible with RAD 9.6 and needs to be in it's it' snowflake install folder. This is my day. I will be in the shed until meeting time.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkeys! I am very excited to participate in today's thread because I have finally have ISSUES to report. First - the temporary crown I got yesterday has fallen off. Second - my HVAC unit is only cooling to 75 in the daytime and probably needs an injection of ozone depleting chemicals. I made an appointment for Monday before I remembered that I have made plans to pedal up a small mountain... will need to call back. Third - My property tax check was returned because I wrote the check for $9 less than due, if I do not pay within 30 days the county will file a tax lien!!! :panic:

The crap part about that - I mail property taxes 3 days before they are due, now that I am delinquent I owe an additional $40.00 in penalties and interest...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A single hummingbird has claimed ownership of our feeder and is fighting any others which come near.

Observing this will obviously consume a large portion of my day, as I'm on vacay all next week.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I enduroed last night. Good times. It's so hard to ride fast when it's dry and loose. No crashes and 43rd of 103 racers. I'll take it.

My "new" Pike is a little too soft, methinks. Moar tweaking required.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I enduroed last night. Good times. It's so hard to ride fast when it's dry and loose. No crashes and 43rd of 103 racers. I'll take it.

My "new" Pike is a little too soft, methinks. Moar tweaking required.
It means you are either hitting shit really hard like a true North Shore shredder or you're getting fat. Add one of the air volume tokens to ramp of the travel towards the end and you should be good to go.