Quantcast

木曜日GMT~!&*

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
saw a big ol patch or rain headed that way...still sounds fun tho!

rainy here all day. gonna get some spray paint for the kiddo to finish his launch ramp. and i need some beer...

kids "finished" schoolwork for the year today. guess i now officially have a 5th grader and a hs freshman. wtf??? all i can say is that if i survive the summer with them home they'd better be back in the classroom in the fall for everyone's sanity.

carry on.
the whole school thing is kinda depressing. my son never got to finish preschool, or preschool "graduation" which is obviously more for the parents but still. we're not expecting school to be operating in any sort of normal fashion come the end of summer, so the whole first day of school thats usually a big event for kids isn't gonna happen. small potatoes in the big scheme of things but still. trying to keep perspective on it though, my neighbor's kid was a senior, no prom, no graduation, nothing. maybe i'll throw him a PBR some weekend, but he probably wouldn't know what to do with it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Spent the entire day up until now working with a Siemens tech on a machine. My brain now feels like mush - not sure if related to the Siemens crap or the fact that my coffee from this morning is still full sitting on my desk.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
the whole school thing is kinda depressing. my son never got to finish preschool, or preschool "graduation" which is obviously more for the parents but still. we're not expecting school to be operating in any sort of normal fashion come the end of summer, so the whole first day of school thats usually a big event for kids isn't gonna happen. small potatoes in the big scheme of things but still. trying to keep perspective on it though, my neighbor's kid was a senior, no prom, no graduation, nothing. maybe i'll throw him a PBR some weekend, but he probably wouldn't know what to do with it.
My daughter was thrilled that high school graduation was canceled. Then they rescheduled it and she declined. That's my girl.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
8th grader doesn't care about "graduation/moving up/whateverthefuck they're calling it."

i totally get it. ceremony is bunk. i wouldn't have cared if i'd missed my hs/college graduations. certainly did not put in the effort to attend the grad school one. fuck paying even more $ for a stupid robe/cap/etc. yeah, i'm 95% misanthrope.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Why are Americans so obsessed with all sorts of graduation ceremonies? The first and only graduation in my life was when I received my MSc diploma from the hands of the dean of our faculty.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Why are Americans so obsessed with all sorts of graduation ceremonies? The first and only graduation in my life was when I received my MSc diploma from the hands of the dean of our faculty.
You're curmudgeonly if you don't think my 5 year old's preschool graduation speech was adorable:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I didn't graduate high school. My one and only walk was for my AS in electronics. They mailed my BS. :rofl:

In Ridgewood High School, the principal told a friend and I that we might miss graduation because we had stolen the school's cornerstone. We looked at him and said, "So"?

I did not attend graduation when I got my EE degree from Northeastern, also declined an invitation to join an honors society...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife destroyed her rear sidewall being rowdy on todays rocky descent. I might put a worn DH Highroller on it :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
8th grader doesn't care about "graduation/moving up/whateverthefuck they're calling it."

i totally get it. ceremony is bunk. i wouldn't have cared if i'd missed my hs/college graduations. certainly did not put in the effort to attend the grad school one. fuck paying even more $ for a stupid robe/cap/etc. yeah, i'm 95% misanthrope.
After 5.5 years of chasing a BFA, I told them to mail me my diploma.Couldn’t do another ten minutes in that town. No one tells incoming Art Majors that everyone has two senior years. Higher education...:rant: