Quantcast

ꞱꞪᾩꞟṨԳѦԦ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
More spinning tonight and planning a gravel ride on the west cost of Denmark this weekend and doing a little road trip visting friends and family. Good to have a company car with paid gas so the more I drive the more money I make :-)

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Sitting behind the computer fixing all the fuck-ups my latest staff person left hanging. Had to let him go because, well, instagram is not a billable job. Fucking millenial.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
More spinning tonight and planning a gravel ride on the west cost of Denmark this weekend and doing a little road trip visting friends and family. Good to have a company car with paid gas so the more I drive the more money I make :-)
You should come to the cyclocross world champs in Bogense this weekend.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
One of the local bike clubs raised money over the summer to buy one of those Snowdog Mini trail groomers for Fat bikes. They have permission to keep one of local trail systems groomed for bikes. It turns the singletrack into a frozen pump track that is 24" wide. It is super fun to ride and I am gonna go ride more of it tonight.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
pulling crap together for an event tonight. trying to coordinate 7 artists' powerpoints for their talks . . . gah. will be happy when the day is over. gonna take tomorrow afternoon to dig n ride. bro in law in asheville had his first kids yesterday, so it looks like we'll be heading out that way on saturday for a visit.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
More spinning tonight
So where do you put your peloton?

you are not grandpa JBP
what do you do for work?
only so many rock pictures one can fit in their IG story
All these post and still not a single "Bork". :close:

Ground breaking as begun on Tucsons first wooden bike park. Day 2 on Saturday. As per usual, i will be out of town for this. Glad this is happening since parts of Fantasy Island are turning into housing. So, likely to see pedestrians on bike only trails now.
http://tiboaz.biz/2018/07/09/a-look-at-the-100-acre-wood-community-bicycle-park-master-plan/

Last edited:
pulling crap together for an event tonight. trying to coordinate 7 artists' powerpoints for their talks . . . gah. will be happy when the day is over. gonna take tomorrow afternoon to dig n ride. bro in law in asheville had his first kids yesterday, so it looks like we'll be heading out that way on saturday for a visit.
What's going on with the potential Beantown gig?

Environmental Geologist
Karst...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
First real fat bike ride of the season. Most excellent. 24 miles and around 2K of climbing. Screaming descents on groomed trails, high speed drifting on EVERY turn. Provided a serious adrenaline fix...fat biking is changing in good ways. Used to be boring and slow, no longer. Even a bunch of small air.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Chief curator - more $$, less work? :thumb:
honestly, it wouldn't be that different from what i'm doing now - we'd hire someone to cover some of the areas that i'm currently overseeing. i'd likely get to focus more on projects that i really want to do and help with big-picture-type stuff. downside - more overseeing other people, although i'd probably only have like 4 direct reports. and yeah, a bit more $$. the other senior curator isn't applying, so i thought, why not.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hello from somewhere west of Vegas. Camping and riding singletrack, woot woot. We have been on the road for 3 weeks now and loving it. I forgot how much it sucks when smoking is allowed in bars.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
acquired sip of sunshine last night. cold. was planning on riding tonight (finally) but both kids woke up at different times last night, so i am dragging ass right now. will see how i feel at 8pm.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
got to work early and have been translating steady, non-stop since. fuck I hate translating, it gives me such a headache. being a token francophone in a group can sure be a drag sometimes. At least what I'm translating is interesting.

oh, and it's cold a fuck out there. wind was howling and it felt like a legit -20°F biking in this morning.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mehh. 1F this morning, had to remove some snow from last night's squall. Would love to go for an afternoon ride but wife is pissy that too much work makes me a terrible irritated non-communicating partner who does not have any time for her anymore (which is correct) so I may have to skip in order not to be served divorce papers, soon.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon! Registered the family for NEMBAFEST. It’s cold! -4 at 9:30 is too cold so 2 hour delay for the kids & I
So far I am digging this job (long term sub for the rest of the year which means it’s really a 6month job interview). It’s at my kids schools so it’s great having the same schedule too!
Now I need to crunch numbers for Alex’s new bike — she suggested a go fund me (we saw a news story about one) and she told me to do that because she needs it now to ride in the snow with us now! She cracks me up...6 years old and taking over the world one day at a time.