Sep 21, 2001
*What* is wet? :brows:
weather

skiing related

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Back gave out. Just waiting for wifey to finish her call then it's off to urgent care. Might be getting referral to spinal Ortho. This feels like the last time a nerve slipped.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
weather

skiing related

El hombre esta LOCO. :fie: :fie: :fie: :fie:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
:fie:

You, my goodman, deserve an at home espresso machine. Life is too short for bad coffee.
It’s on the agenda. My favorite local place closed recently and I grabbed a few of these in the meantime, and got in the habit of having them around. I’ve been shopping for grinders and espresso machines. @jonKranked gave me a few suggestions a while back which I’m still considering (I pinged him recently for an update but apparently got lost in his gaping DM box).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It’s on the agenda. My favorite local place closed recently and I grabbed a few of these in the meantime, and got in the habit of having them around. I’ve been shopping for grinders and espresso machines. @jonKranked gave me a few suggestions a while back which I’m still considering (I pinged him recently for an update but apparently got lost in his gaping DM box).
i saw your message, i thought i responded?

1668540973911.png

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Y U no coldbrew??

Fucking with espresso machines gets old quickly.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Y U no coldbrew??

Fucking with espresso machines gets old quickly.
It’s not that bad, put portafilter under grinder, push button, level, tamp, stick in espresso maker, turn knob, forget to put cup in place, scramble and hopefully get it just in time, turn machine off, knock out puck, rinse portafilter while drinking liquid gold

Takes me like 4 minutes total each morning, and it’s goddamn worth it.

Of course, like with anything, you can go full nerd and weigh shit, get an android controlled PID temp, and generally ruin your own life chasing perfection if you want to. Don’t do that.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ah, now I see. It's a ratio of caffeine to volume issue. You need more buzzzzz with less pee.
I have a few theories about how it all works in my system. Coffee + water volume is the bulk of the problem. Milk seems to process slower than water which I assume has to do with the “food/nutrition” in the milk (cow, almond, whatever).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It’s not that bad, put portafilter under grinder, push button, level, tamp, stick in espresso maker, turn knob, forget to put cup in place, scramble and hopefully get it just in time, turn machine off, knock out puck, rinse portafilter while drinking liquid gold

Takes me like 4 minutes total each morning, and it’s goddamn worth it.

Of course, like with anything, you can go full nerd and weigh shit, get an android controlled PID temp, and generally ruin your own life chasing perfection if you want to. Don’t do that.
once you get the process dialed its pretty straightforward.

my grinder has a built in scale. and it grinds directly to the portafilter

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have a few theories about how it all works in my system. Coffee + water volume is the bulk of the problem. Milk seems to process slower than water which I assume has to do with the “food/nutrition” in the milk (cow, almond, whatever).
Ever try chocolate covered espresso beans ? A handful might give you enough of a boost.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
…for now I’ve got a cheap grinder and a bag of beans and an aeropress around the house so I’m doing some experimenting tomorrow.
Then you have everything you need. I still love the aeropress, but it does seem to be the entry point into a life long escalation of espresso making/making machines.

FWIW I love the morning ritual of making coffee on the espresso machine.