canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
car's at the shop, and I'm in the office.

not very busy at the moment, so I guess I'll be cleaning out my things and packing my belongings into boxes. Ironically, while we are being asked to come back to the office one day a week, we won't have our own cubes anymore. so while i have to come back in, I don't have a space to come back to... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
car's at the shop, and I'm in the office.

not very busy at the moment, so I guess I'll be cleaning out my things and packing my belongings into boxes. Ironically, while we are being asked to come back to the office one day a week, we won't have our own cubes anymore. so while i have to come back in, I don't have a space to come back to... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Noice, so work from home 4 days a week?

We have a "head" office that is closing up and moving to the company headquarters. They are renovating and putting in a hoteling type of desk system - so no one has a desk and there aren't enough for all the employees. You need to reserve a desk before coming to the office.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly people stop using the reservation system, which is apparently costing $$$. :popcorn: :rofl:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Overnight in "lovely" Jackpot NV and headed back to fall/winter after an all too quick trip to Big Sur and SF which was shortened more so by a possible exposure to that fucking virus on Saturday.

5 days since then and no symptoms yet... Knock wood, all prayers to FSM.

On the plus side my shitbox electricity bill is taunting me:

700 square ft = $70 bill in summer and $120 in winter, though I should blow more insulation in the attic in 2023:

Dear Valued Customer,

An Auto-Pay payment was posted to the account(s) listed below.

Account Number: 45046-001
Payment Amount: $69.69

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Gotcha. I guess growing up near the Sierras, I take for granted that everyone has mountains nearby. Carry on.
there's already a lake cabin in the family, but its up in Maine, which is almost an 11 hour drive with the kids. the camp itself is from the 60s and needs a fair amount of work. pretty basic A frame style, on concrete pylons (so it needs leveling about every other year). because of the age its maybe 30' from the water front. current rules are 100' so its grandfathered. most of the family recognizes that the camp isn't gonna last forever. we haven't yet had the discussion what to do when it does finally gets demolished (however that may occur, most likely a tree falling on it). i'm fine with spending the $ to have to clear a spot farther back (to meet the 100' requirement) and have something new built, but the lot is hillside (old woodlot from when they owned the family farm probably 70 years ago), and there isn't so much a road to it as a cleared path in the woods down the hill that you can drive, so getting materials in will be challenging. when the camp was build it still got cold enough in the winter that they hauled the materials in over the frozen lake in the winter then left it till spring. that's not really an option any more unfortunately.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tim, use OWA

hello peoples. ultrasound day for me. cold under this HVAC vent in the reading room it is

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Another manic Monday, except maybe it's wednesday. Hopefully Costco sends my solar rebate giftcards soon, I need to buy fancy whiskey goddamnit.

Yeah, I'm not seeing a downside here.
Not fancy, but Lagavulin 16 is by far my favorite whiskey that Costco reliably carries. I keep a bottle at work, and a bottle at home.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
check on people you know in florida if you already haven't. a cousin of mine that just graduated college took a job near Orlando and decided to shelter in place apparently.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Srs - the local Costco up here has a cabinet *full* of super-chi-chi liquor. I once saw a bottle of rum in the case that was over $3K, IIRC. :panic:
Is the Costco-adacent liquor store actually Costco? Do they take Costco gift cards?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Had a meeting with a half dozen folks this morning including my boss and a guy from a sister company of ours. We call this guy “Luftpumpe,” which means airpump in German.

When asked why his end of the project is behind, he goes on for a solid 15 minutes. At the end my boss deadpans him with, “so what you’re saying is…well, nothing, actually.” It took all I had to hold back the lollercoaster.

:coolstarrybra:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Srs - the local Costco up here has a cabinet *full* of super-chi-chi liquor. I once saw a bottle of rum in the case that was over $3K, IIRC. :panic:
My Costco is in a really, really fancy area, the other one near work is like whole different store, where mine has Rolex and Breitlings, along with $100k diamond rings, the one near work sells Casios and $1300 rings. They have literal pallets of JW Blue (sidebar, don't buy JW Blue) and Don Julio 1949 and some crystal decanters of 25-27 year MacAllan for like $20k+.

Their selection isn't quite what it once was, but they carry good stuff. My Laga 16 is getting low, so obviously I'll need a spare, along with some Oban, Red Breast and Ardbeg.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That is a significant bummer. Our Costcos don't really stock anything that really blows my skirt up, but they always have a solid selection of wine and spirits, priced below anything else in the area. Beer selection is not great, however.
its a PA thing. i can't buy beer in gas stations either. liquor is all sold by the state.

that being said, the kind of beer i buy wouldn't get sold in a costco. we have a lot of good local/regional breweries. it would be more for the liquor, not that i drink much liquor to begin with.