Quantcast

 Winter Solstice GTM Monday 

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I love that USPS has pretty much just thrown up their hands and set the expectation that things will get there when they get there.

Had tracking information for several items just start saying "Arriving Late" sometime early last week, and they haven't been updated since.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I love that USPS has pretty much just thrown up their hands and set the expectation that things will get there when they get there.

Had tracking information for several items just start saying "Arriving Late" sometime early last week, and they haven't been updated since.
Does this mean we are great again?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

same here. if it doesn't arrive today, i'm just gonna pack and ship.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Oddly enough, nearly everything delivered via USPS the past few months of come on time, and maybe 1/2 the time early. Very strange, but I'll take it.

My rear derailleur on the other hand (UPS) has been at the sorting facility a couple towns over since Saturday, but won't be here until tomorrow:mad:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not yet lunch Monkeys.

Short week is not short enough. Low key quiet holidays planed. Weather is ok Tuesday to Thursday, so that will be nice.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Maybe you need a piece of duct tape on your helmet that reads "stoney"
It's from Devo. Because all the kids are fully covered, they need names so coaches know who they are talking to. Haley's got it easy because she's got the same coach and is in the boy's group, so it's not hard to pick her out.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I was amazed to finally see an update on this one today.

Capture.JPG

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Happy Solstice, and Merry Yule. Saturn and Jupiter will be obscured from view by the time its dark enough to see them.
In other news, currently wining a bid for a new semi-auto 12 gauge for $300 under MSRP. Going to use it as my sporting clay gun if i do get it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went for a skate ski this morning with my boy. I guess I'd thought things were going well the first couple of times I went out, but now there's a few steep hills that have been added to the network. I only skiied 7.5 km, but pretty much died at the 5km mark. That shit is brutally hard. It's especially humbling when people 30 years my senior pass me on the climbs... My 10 y.o. also smoked me! He was awfully proud of himself...

My lats and neck muscles are very sore now

Last edited:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Went for a skate ski this morning with my boy. I guess I'd thought things were going well the first couple of times I went out, but now there's a few steep hills that have been added to the network. I only skiied 7.5 km, but pretty much died at the 5km mark. That shit is brutally hard. It's especially humbling when people 30 years my senior pass me on the climbs... My 10 y.o. also smoked me! He was awfully proud of himself...

My lats and neck muscles are very sore now
I remember hitting an ice patch and landing on my tailbone just above my butt. I couldnt walk for the rest of the night or the next day. I did not enjoy getting down the remainder of the hill.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I remember hitting an ice patch and landing on my tailbone just above my butt. I couldnt walk for the rest of the night or the next day. I did not enjoy getting down the remainder of the hill.
Took two tumbles today. One was on my warm up lap, practising gliding on one ski. Lost my balance and fell hard on my shoulder. The other was at the bottom of a long hill, in rollers with a turn at the bottom. Skis went in opposite directions and I face planted heavily. Like a rube. One ski popped off and the heel plate ripped out... Crazy. I like to think of myself as a fairly competent skier, but the combination of skill and fitness these things require is impressive.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Took two tumbles today. One was on my warm up lap, practising gliding on one ski. Lost my balance and fell hard on my shoulder. The other was at the bottom of a long hill, in rollers with a turn at the bottom. Skis went in opposite directions and I face planted heavily. Like a rube. One ski popped off and the heel plate ripped out... Crazy. I like to think of myself as a fairly competent skier, but the combination of skill and fitness these things require is impressive.
yikes

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A local joint posted that the limited run of katsu ended this week and I only found out about it last week, soI made a run today. Totally worth it.

808 Grinds started as a cart, opened a store about 8 years ago, just opened a second store last year. Seriously top 3 fried chicken. Hope the katsu gets added full time.