Quantcast

︎︎︎⌫♋︎♋︎♋︎ Friderp ♋︎♋︎♋︎⌦︎︎︎

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Coworker asked me to review some of his work. It was horrible, I setup a meeting to discuss it. Very politely went through all the problems. Guy got a little defensive and basically said he thought it was OK to just half ass it. My reply was absolutely not.

I could feel the hatred through the phone.
tell him the next time he shows you his work it better be at LEAST three quarter assed for you to spend any time reviewing it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just a day's worth of food for lunch and that was not planned. Seven pancakes (the rest of the box) with two scrambled eggs. 10 minutes after I finished, Wife's friend stopped by the house with Mexican for lunch to celebrate Wife's birthday, and she brought me a chicken burrito with rice and refried beans. I wasn't expecting that and said I'd eat some anyway even though I just ate, and then I proceeded to finish the plate along with a pile of nacho chips. Oof.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just a day's worth of food for lunch and that was not planned. Seven pancakes (the rest of the box) with two scrambled eggs. 10 minutes after I finished, Wife's friend stopped by the house with Mexican for lunch to celebrate Wife's birthday, and she brought me a chicken burrito with rice and refried beans. I wasn't expecting that and said I'd eat some anyway even though I just ate, and then I proceeded to finish the plate along with a pile of nacho chips. Oof.
now go for a bike ride

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

My Land Cruiser failed its emissions test, because of its gas cap apparently. Got new cap but no time to retest today. Working 2-10 PM so already into that.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The difference for mine is similar... I wonder if the old cap was actually "failing" or if the emissions test just got stricter? Not really an issue either way to me... but I'm curious.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The difference for mine is similar... I wonder if the old cap was actually "failing" or if the emissions test just got stricter? Not really an issue either way to me... but I'm curious.

A bad cap will prevent a cars evaporative emissions System from working properly. It doesn't affect tailpipe measurements. The problem is probably identified via your car's OBD port. They are also saving you money as bad cap will allow gasoline to evaporate from your tank.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
A bad cap will prevent a cars evaporative emissions System from working properly. It doesn't affect tailpipe measurements. The problem is probably identified via your car's OBD port. They are also saving you money as bad cap will allow gasoline to evaporate from your tank.
Last time I went in for an emissions test, I seem to remember they had some kind of thing that they attached to the removed cap to test it...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Kind of curious, since I'd think a gas cap failing an emissions test would be indicated by a CEL first. Unless y'all are the type to hoon around with the dash lit up light a Christmas tree and just ignore it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Kind of curious, since I'd think a gas cap failing an emissions test would be indicated by a CEL first. Unless y'all are the type to hoon around with the dash lit up light a Christmas tree and just ignore it.
You should see the unreasonable number of small squares of electrical tape strategically placed all over my instrument panel. You'd be appalled.

;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
They did a pressure test. I saw numbers oscillating between 24.0 and 24.1 psi. Not sure if that was too low or what. Old cap also has lost its ability to click when tightened over the years. New one clicks readily, and says to tighten to 3 clicks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my new accord hybrid haz no gas cap. i was most puzzled at first...
Our PacHy also has the capless filler setup. Takes a second to depressurize before it pops the door open when you push the button.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They did a pressure test. I saw numbers oscillating between 24.0 and 24.1 psi. Not sure if that was too low or what. Old cap also has lost its ability to click when tightened over the years. New one clicks readily, and says to tighten to 3 clicks.

Interesting. Here we just got tailpipe and ECU checks. A loose or failing cap will throw codes.

My last car actually threw a CEL and shutdown from a loose oil cap. Thankfully I assumed I fucked something up and was able to get running again quickly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Interesting. Here we just got tailpipe and ECU checks. A loose or failing cap will throw codes.

My last car actually threw a CEL and shutdown from a loose oil cap. Thankfully I assumed I fucked something up and was able to get running again quickly.
We used to have full dyno tests with tailpipe sniffer + OBDII codes + fuel cap testing.

Now they've COVID-ized it to just latter two. Dynos not being used at all as far as I could tell (so no waiting in the 4WD-only lane at least).

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I almost bought this bike today, based on the price, and the detailed product description/parts spec.
was convinced until this evening, when I seriously checked out the pictures...totally different bike that appears clapped out.
oh, well.
not sure if scam, or what...

You can play a fun game of ‘spot the differences’.

Last edited: