Quantcast

︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎Tuesderp︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
looks like i am seeing the canadian version of j macsis....neil young and crazy horse...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
8hrs into CE for today and I just found out that the last hour and then the next 5hrs will cross qualify for my CFP CE too. So instead of 30hrs (excluding corporate) of CE, I only have to do an actual 24hrs. I don't know why I'm so happy about that, because it's still a lot of time, but I'm so happy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Plumber is still here. His distributor was 3hrs late with the water heater, so he ended up getting stuck driving across metro to their main facility to get it and the were still late pulling it. I don't think I've heard somebody not Canadian say "sorry' this many times before.

That being said, guy is incredibly nice and his work is detailed. His contact info is definitely going into the phone for the future. If any of you Denver monkeys need a water heater/advanced plumbing guy, let me know.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Yup. The air on the shop floor was as nasty as I remember. Everything that doesn’t get moved or touched regularly is covered in a mixture of oil and dust. Things that get touched regularly ate polished / burnished - almost like the oil is etching the paint.

I don’t mind the smell of a machine shop, in fact, it’s damned near comforting. This is different. It’s rancid oil and coolant. Heavy feeling too.

More importantly, many laps were ridden tonight. Jumps were sent, berms were slapped - as much as old guys do that shit…

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yup. The air on the shop floor was as nasty as I remember. Everything that doesn’t get moved or touched regularly is covered in a mixture of oil and dust. Things that get touched regularly ate polished / burnished - almost like the oil is etching the paint.

I don’t mind the smell of a machine shop, in fact, it’s damned near comforting. This is different. It’s rancid oil and coolant. Heavy feeling too.

More importantly, many laps were ridden tonight. Jumps were sent, berms were slapped - as much as old guys do that shit…

It is the organic coolant that sits and anaerobic bacteria start growing in it. Shit can get nasty.
The only infection I have had in my life was from a little scratch I got while getting a machine back running that has sat for a month. That thing festered for weeks.

It is nice when you get to breath the mist.