Quantcast

:0 Supergo isnt always a good alternative to LBS

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
$450 for a front mono 6 ti and adapter !?!?!?! what on gods green earth.......

you can go almost anywhere and get a better price than that :confused:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Agreed, Supergo prices in their catalogue and online arent that great. You have to go in the store to find the real killer deals. Some stuff will be full retail like their Specialized tires. Specialized got mad at them for discounting so now they sell for full pop. I think last year I bought an XT cassette for $44 while everyone else sells it for $75. They were selling Light and Motion headlamps in-store for $275. I think that was about -$225 off list. A lot of tires are at half price or less in the store.

Phat_Boi

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
North "206"
Not to support them over the lbs but supergo does offer internet price matching. find a cheaper price anywhere and in stock. they will match it.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
F*** no i didnt buy, i was about to order, and the dude told me the price (in store) I about dropped trou right there. The only reason i was there over the lbs's I frequent, or the internet, was because i wnted instant satisfaction. i wanted new brakes, NOW. :)

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I've had nothing but bad luck with superhoe. they've treated me like sh!t there every time I need to buy something or get info. Seriously, they don't know a thing from what I've experienced. Same way with alot of the guys at greg's. but that's just my opinion.

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
iridebikes said:
I've had nothing but bad luck with superhoe. they've treated me like sh!t there every time I need to buy something or get info. Seriously, they don't know a thing from what I've experienced. Same way with alot of the guys at greg's. but that's just my opinion.
thats really true, i wrench my own bike so i dont worry about any of that crap.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
go to tim's bike shop in everett they always hook me up good. nice people too, they also have a lot of stuff that is more freeride downhillish because they all ride freeride bikes so if you cant find a part for yer bike try them

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
cove rider said:
go to tim's bike shop in everett they always hook me up good. nice people too, they also have a lot of stuff that is more freeride downhillish because they all ride freeride bikes so if you cant find a part for yer bike try them
Thanks. I'll at least give 'em a call. I've kind of been looking for an excuse to take a ride up that-a-way as it is...that would be a GREAT excuse.:cool:

*logs out and grabs the yellow pages w/ phone in hand*

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
honestly. If its customer care you want. bike sport is a great shop. Those guys are really cool down there, They'll pretty much do anything to help you out. They don't have a whole lot of "big bike" stuff there, but they can get it usually within a week. I personaly think its worth it. They also price match, so if you do find a good deal at Superhoe, but don't want to deal with them, the guys at bikesport will definatly try to hook you up. 2 of the guys that work there ride big bikes and know what they're talking about. the owner and his wife know alot about bikes, but mostly xc and road stuff.
They're all just really cool, very helpful people down there.

btw, they're in ballard.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
How about Allen up at Dropnzone.com. He's has totally hooked me up numerous times and I'm just a lowly California Monkey. I know he helps support the Western Washington University riders too if I'm not mistaken. He's always been totally cool to deal with. He can can anything you need if he doesn't already have it in stock.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Yes, this is true but when I've called Allen as I always have when ordering something, he has always sweetened the deal. I enjoy talking to him too! He's really cool cat!