Quantcast

> 0 < Wednesday > 0 <

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
phone call at 0315, one of my guys was having a no start problem with a work vehicle. Of course it fired up in the middle of the call.

Espresso then I have to hit the road. 15 runs on todays list.

I got two 3 pound backs of King Arthur High Gluten Flour delivered so I think it may be a pizza night

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sketchy drive to work in the dark this morning, its dumping rain with on and off fog.

There is drama on where our group of friends want to ride tonight. I guess a few of them are delicate flowers. :busted:

Waiting for the coffee machine to finish its first brew. FASTER NOW

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah woke up early, waking me up, then proceeded to fall back to sleep. Early breakfast and back to study.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Clickity-clacking away on my laptop here like a busy little keyboard beaver. Must make words and show how useful I am to the machine!

Ride last night was good, other than my bike making a terrible noise. Guessing it wants to be lubed or needs a new BB. Ill have to look into that.

MIL went to bed last night with a 101* fever. I shall be staying away as much as someone who lives in the same house feasibly can.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had a good board job interview today. At least I think I did the best I could. Hopefully back in my old line of business again - fingers crossed!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
woody is blowing me off for Friday, so it looks like it's work and maybe a road ride rather than DHing at thunder. Time to sell the Fury, no point in keeping it around.

rainy here, so looks like I'm trapped inside.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Boiler in our building is having maintenance done, so no heat yesterday or today.

Did some over-reacting to a co-worker's propensity of playing it fast and loose with (not) documenting requirements for feature development yesterday. Kinda blew a gasket yesterday, felt bad about it today, worked it out/apologized this morning. I still think the guy isn't very good at his job and does way too much short-cutting and ignoring of steps in our process, but this was clearly on me.

Also, lots of nurses at the financée's hospital on her floor are out being tested for COVID, and one of the night-time CNAs test came back positive. She doesn't work with any of the nurses that are out being tested, or the CNA who tested positive, but we're probably gonna get tested soon just to make sure.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
oiler in our building is having maintenance done, so no heat yesterday or today. Also, did some over-reacting to a co-worker's propensity of playing it fast and loose with (not) documenting requirements for feature development yesterday. Kinda blew a gasket yesterday, felt bad about it today, worked it out. I still think the guy isn't very good at his job and does way too much short-cutting and ignoring of steps in our process, but this was clearly on me.
he would never cut it in my industry. the main rule is essentially: if it wasn't documented, it didn't happen

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am not working today. In theory submitting a paper, finally!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Boiler in our building is having maintenance done, so no heat yesterday or today. Also, did some over-reacting to a co-worker's propensity of playing it fast and loose with (not) documenting requirements for feature development yesterday. Kinda blew a gasket yesterday, felt bad about it today, worked it out. I still think the guy isn't very good at his job and does way too much short-cutting and ignoring of steps in our process, but this was clearly on me.

Also, lots of nurses at the financée's hospital on her floor are out being tested for COVID, and one of the night-time CNAs test came back positive. She doesn't work with any of the nurses that are out being tested, or the CNA who tested positive, but we're probably gonna get tested soon just to make sure.
1. Good luck with fiance.
2. That shit happens. Hopefully it gives him a swift kick in the ass to do a better job doing his job. Sometimes people just need it. Given most of the business cycle expansion indicators are showing slowing down, people who are not top or efficient performers will be on the chopping block. Giving someone a swift kick in the ass can only help them. Ps: one of the major indicators is a decrease in labor efficiency. As more people are hired/needed, those who aren't as good at their jobs get hired too, leading to that inefficiency, which a lot of people are seeing now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Boiler in our building is having maintenance done, so no heat yesterday or today.

Did some over-reacting to a co-worker's propensity of playing it fast and loose with (not) documenting requirements for feature development yesterday. Kinda blew a gasket yesterday, felt bad about it today, worked it out/apologized this morning. I still think the guy isn't very good at his job and does way too much short-cutting and ignoring of steps in our process, but this was clearly on me.

Hopefully no positives.

My girlfriend's father is living in a long term care home, due to his stroke a year ago, and one person in that building was tested positive. So that place and all the residents are on lock down. Everyone has been tested, but of course they are waiting for results. Fingers crossed it doesn't spread, because it seems old people and that virus don't mix well. One worry is that his room mate is a smoker, so he's still wandering outside and whatnot.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I bid on an ohlins on the ebay and it ends in an hour. All my fingers and toes are crossed that I can scoop it up for 80% off.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
ahh, fack, sounds like I am losing my Rocky hookup due to the fucked up supply chain issues, everything is 100% sold out until next fall, and my dealer isnt willing to give up inventory for bro deals. Which is understandable, really. But still sucks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Hump day, yay! Not much planned other than fake working. I signed up for a free round of golf and free lunch at Columbia Edgewater Country Club because fuck you. I have no interest in joining a club, but I've always wanted to check it out. Seems membership is down with the 'rona so they are desperate . I'm just a cheap fucker who's down for a free lunch. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
2hr drive each way, I'm old, haven't been DHing in three years....
i still try and get out at least once a season, but i've missed a few between kids and the car accident. covid fucked things up a bit more this year too. this weekend would be my last chance, but we shall see.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

Hump day, yay! Not much planned other than fake working. I signed up for a free round of golf and free lunch at Columbia Edgewater Country Club because fuck you. I have no interest in joining a club, but I've always wanted to check it out. Seems membership is down with the 'rona so they are desperate . I'm just a cheap fucker who's down for a free lunch. :rofl:
Be sure to wear your *good* golf clothes:

1603294862542.png

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's a shock, TTX, that would be for short-shocking the BMC. Some loser just outbid me :(

Tough to bid too high, as I don't know how low and goofy the bike will be with a shorter shock. Should work OK, but if it sucks, am I stuck? We'll see.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ride this morning was a wet and foggy one.

Frame out for delivery. Dropping off at powdercoater tomorrow. Frame decal kit ordered this morning. Shits coming together.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Plan is to get frame/headset/post/collar soonish so I can at least keep it in the repair stand, then slowly build it up over the winter for next year