Quantcast

03 and 04 Marzocchi Problems.

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
It appears Marzocchi have removed a lot of older info from their site.

I have two problems.

I am trying to strip a set of 04 Super Ts for a friend, undid the top caps and removed internals, then the one stanchion without a dummy rod pulled out. I can't for the life of me remove the other stanchion, and I have run out of ideas. What am I doing wrong? I can't take the footnut of the bottom, do I need a very thin walled 11ish mm socket to undo this and then the stanchion and dummy rod will come away?

Secondly, rebuilding a set of stripped 03 Jr T that were bought in parts on ebay. They seem amazing condition for forks so old, but both internals are the same and no dummy rod. I have screwer short rods into the lowers, put in new seals, fitted stanchions, placed in springs in correct order. The forks feel smooth and are rebounding quite fast (internally adjustable with a 12mm AFAIK or swapping from 7.5wt to something thicker). The problem is if you pull up on the forks, as if to top them out, you can pull the stanchions out of the lowers. I cannot see what is meant to hold them together.

Help please, I really want to have to working forks by tomorrow evening.