Quantcast

'04-'05 BigHit hardware question

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
Would anyone happen to know what size the hardware is for the 04-05 bighits? I tried calling specialized but they won't talk to anyone who isn't a f'n dealer.:disgust1: I'm trying to get it from them because it would be more accurate than measuring.

IIRC, I think it's 39.88mm for one end and 35mm for the other. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
Would anyone happen to know what size the hardware is for the 04-05 bighits? I tried calling specialized but they won't talk to anyone who isn't a f'n dealer.:disgust1: I'm trying to get it from them because it would be more accurate than measuring.

IIRC, I think it's 39.88mm for one end and 35mm for the other. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
I have an '04 bighit in my basement, but "hardware" is fairly general. If you can clarify, and I remember to come back to this thread in the future, I might be of service.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
so I guess you mean the overall width of the du bushings when pressed into the shock itself. Since the actual length of the bolt is arbitrary as long as you have proper thread engagement, and it's not so long that you may puncture your knee with it.

one of them was around 33.9 mm, the other was 39.5mm. I think the wider set was the top, but can't be too sure about that. I mean, I did measure it a good 5 minutes ago, and don't really care that much.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
I called Specialized the other day and told them I was a dealer. They were more than happy to look it up for me....
upper eyelette: 35mm
lower eyelette: 40mm