Quantcast

04.14.08 @ 14:08

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Moist wipes?

Not strong enough.

I may need to use steel wool dipped in methyl ethyl ketone. His balls keep getting glued to the diaper.
:(
I was fockin' with ya as that's what you said to me when I posted the same. Then...

My mom was over at my brothers house the day after Max came home helping out.

He was changing his diaper and my mom was telling him "You need to clean in the crack more", to which my brother replied "LOOK, I'M CLEANING HIS NUTS! HE HAS SH!T ON HIS NUTS!"

I almost fvcking wet myself laughing.
Classic!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Second time around. My 16 year old daughter was there and assisted this time. She was in charge of ice chips and hydration and morale. She did great.

:D
Too cool that must have made everything extra special. I am sure she is happy to have a little brother despite the age difference.

Congratulation to all of your.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I simply hadn't looked in here.

Way to go, Jason. Not that you really did anything but nonetheless way to go. He looks strong so should probably be able to hold his own against your sport babies.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
So Willow saw the pictures of the baby and said

"They shouldn't feed popsicles to babies."

What?

"The baby has obviously been eating a cherry popsicle."

and she just wanders off leaving me stunned as usual.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
So Willow saw the pictures of the baby and said

"They shouldn't feed popsicles to babies."

What?

"The baby has obviously been eating a cherry popsicle."

and she just wanders off leaving me stunned as usual.
Kids just say the Dardn'ist things.

Clever kid though.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Thanks everyone.

Last couple days have been rough. He's not been eating enough or getting the hang of it. He lost alot of weight, too much in fact.

I kinda lost it today - the weight thing has me really worried and he's been crying so much he's hoarse. I was thinking we should jump on formula and get the weight back and so he could get some real rest. I was getting upset that my wife was holding out for breast milk only and not trying to get some second opinions. I blew up at my wife in what is the worst moment, when she is trying to deal with it all.

Saw the doc today after a consult with a separate lactation consultant. The consensus? I need to support her and keep my mouth shut and make sure they get what they need.

Sigh. Now I feel like a jerk.

Damn he's fvcking cute though. It's killing me.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Thanks everyone.

Last couple days have been rough. He's not been eating enough or getting the hang of it. He lost alot of weight, too much in fact.

I kinda lost it today - the weight thing has me really worried and he's been crying so much he's hoarse. I was thinking we should jump on formula and get the weight back and so he could get some real rest. I was getting upset that my wife was holding out for breast milk only and not trying to get some second opinions. I blew up at my wife in what is the worst moment, when she is trying to deal with it all.

Saw the doc today after a consult with a separate lactation consultant. The consensus? I need to support her and keep my mouth shut and make sure they get what they need.

How much weight has he lost? Starting weight and current?

Did the consultant or doctor weigh him before -and- after a feeding session to see how much he "transferred" from breast to tummy?

Did anyone mention "ferenelum"?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Thanks everyone.

Blowing up was/is a bad thing. Though don't beat yourself up about it too much. Stressful times lead to it. Having done it once you'll see it coming next time and stop it. What was/is not bad is you having an opinion about what is going on. Do not let the guilt of whatever suppress that. She's a hormone factory right now with the addition of undergoing a physically and mentally taxing procedure and you have not.

Feeding your son formula is not tantamount to feeding him battery acid and as such will not doom him (your being is father will do that).

These things work out. He's an American he is destined to be fat.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Thanks everyone.

Don't beat yourself up too much, between the exhaustion, the frustration and the worry, it'a a lot to process. Like DRB said, you'll know what to watch for it the future and head it off at the pass.

As to the weight issue hang in there. Baby Becca lost slightly more than the allowable anount in the hospital, but we still tried the breast milk route. At her first month appointment she had lost more weight (she was down to 6 lbs plus change) so we were told to supplement with formula. Now she's on formula full time ( my lady dried up) and came in at a cool 14 lbs at her 4 month appt. a few days ago. Formula may not be as good as breast milk, but it is not poisen either. Sometimes things don't go accrding to plan and you have to do whatevers needed.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Baby Becca lost slightly more than the allowable anount in the hospital, but we still tried the breast milk route. At her first month appointment she had lost more weight (she was down to 6 lbs plus change) so we were told to supplement with formula. Now she's on formula full time ( my lady dried up)...
Did anyone talk to you two about "tongue tied"?

Did you know that a woman who's never been pregnant can make breastmilk?

She needs to pump for 3-4 weeks regularly before the supply becomes substantial enough, but in the mean time, you can give your kid the little amount of breastmilk for the antibodies that mom produces.

It frustrates me that I continue to hear moms/parents weren't given enough info.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

She needs to pump for 3-4 weeks regularly before the supply becomes substantial enough, but in the mean time, you can give your kid the little amount of breastmilk for the antibodies that mom produces.

It frustrates me that I continue to hear moms/parents weren't given enough info.
Have you ever considered becoming a lactation consultant? :D

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA

Might I add that the first few days/weeks the mother will produce a super heavy milk (product?) saturated in fat etc. that is really really good for the baby. Then it will turn the what we see as normal breast milk.

Anyway, we had a small baby (she turned a year last month and only weighs 15 lbs still and we had trouble getting her to eat much. Just hang in there.

I, like you H8r, wanted to switch to formula but my wife was against it and things worked out fine. Just pay attention to your baby and don't be shy to call/bring him to the doctor.

Don't worry about flipping out. The stress and lack of sleep will lead to that. Your wife will understand when her emotions/hormones level out. My wife laughs at me now about how crazy I was when we had our daughter. I would wake up every five minutes at night to check on her. That first month was hell!!

And oh yeah: My baby would cry and cry and cry and cry and cry. Holy crap was that rough. Just hang in there.