Quantcast

'05 DiamondBack Strike

Issues034

Chimp
Nov 21, 2004
Lee, MA
I got my friend into downhill/ freeride mountain biking and he was checking out the '05 DiamondBack Strike. Does any one know around about the MSRP on this bike and if its even worth the money or if he can get a better deal? Thanks in advance.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Diamondback has horrible QC in my experience. Toothpaste welds, using filler, even gaps. The frames are lowest bidder in China-type factories. Whatever the price it is not worth it.

Tell your friend to look at the used market where top-end rigs can be had for dirt cheap. Big Hits, Giant DH's, etc can be had at a steal.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
NICE bike. i'd look more into the Moto for more freeride of a bike. not as slack angles.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
The iron horse SGS rigs will be the best deal if you can find an '04 on closeout, other than that a santa cruz bullit with a budget build or an azonic frame with a similar build will be about as cheap as you can get without sacrificing quality.

Issues034

Chimp
Nov 21, 2004
Lee, MA
Yes superslow I am serious I'm just asking too Im trying to find something for my friend with out him paying an arm and a leg. Besides hes only 15 and im 16 getting paid $100 a week right now if were lucky. Until the summer we wont be making too much money.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Issues034 said:
How bout the Iron Horse Yakuza Komicho, or 7point5?
The yakuza komicho might fit your budget, I don't remember the exact price scheme but I think the top of the line single pivot came in at around $2000 where the 7point series started at something like $2500, certainly more than I can afford right now and I'm a full time salried employee. I'd try to get a hold of one of the SGS bikes from supergo before they're all gone you get a lot of bike for a little $, especially if they're cutting year end deals. Heck for the price you pay you could just take the components off toss the frame aside and put the components on another frame and still come out ahead.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Definitely look into the '04 Iron Horse bike line....the DB strike is a 1st year model so you're not going ot find much info about it...it does look good on paper.....I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss DB just because one person posted they were crap...all bike companies are constantly changing......some for better some for worse...D

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
check out the specialized bighit. i used to have one. it is an awesome frame that has either 5.5-6.3,or 6.3-8.1 inches travel depending on wich one u get. strong tough rig and there had for cheap too because theres tons of them to choose from

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
The DB site put the Strike at above $1800.

The best method is to pick a price point and hunt for the best you can get within it. Try throwing out the max you can spend and see what comes back.

The Rose

Monkey
Aug 2, 2004
pine barrens N.J
checked the bike out at a local DBR dealer, the bike goes for $3210. and it comes in one size, a fairly big med with a 31 inch standover and a 22 inch TT. It comes with the fox 5.0