Quantcast

'05 Marzocchi Z1 FR1 came from factory with very low oil.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Not a complaint 'cuz I freaking love the fork, but just a heads up to guys if they feel like their '05 Marz is too soft and doesn't have much rebound damping. (or the rebound adjustment doesn't seem to do anything)

Mine only had about half as much oil in it as it should have, according to Marz it should be 45mm from the top of the tubes compressed with the springs removed.

I've filled it to spec with 7.5wt and it's much better, but I think I'm going to drain it and go to 10wt and maybe 55mm (or 50mm) to the tube tops. It's on a trailbike so I want more damping and less ramp-up. You know, long smooth strokes...
:D

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Every Zoch I have ever had has come low. Now I pull them open from the box, empty the oil, fill them up with the right weight.

aznick

Chimp
Dec 5, 2005
Marzocchis' are known for that their oil measuring guy lost his ruler a while back and I guess they can not afford a new one for him.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
It's Italian measuring. "A little oil for my hair, a little oil for your fork..."

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Tattooo said:
It's Italian measuring. "A little oil for my hair, a little oil for your fork..."
HAHAHA that's classic.

I still have to rip apart my '05 Z1, it's actually feeling a bit too harsh. We'll see, we just got dumped on with snow, so i'll have plenty of time :mumble:

-Adam

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
After you're done, throw a pizza, perhaps paint a painting, then grease your hair back with the remnant oil of your fork.

Then remind me to tell you the story of how my dad whopped ass on Frank Sinatra..