Quantcast

05 Pike Race vs 06 454 U turn

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Well, my 05 Float is beginning to crack at the crown (warentee) but in the meantime I need a new fork. I figure might as well beef my bike up because I have been doing alot more in terms of dirt jumping. (not just throwing style, but learning spins and technical tricks)
the race is going to cost me 250, and the 454 is gunna be 350. does anyone have any technical reasons why i should chose either? It will be going on an 04 Sinister DNA...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
For DJs I'd go for the cheap one. You don't need fancy features anyways, and in terms of adjustments you just set it and leave it.

What about the color? That's what's most important. :D

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Bicyclist said:
For DJs I'd go for the cheap one. You don't need fancy features anyways, and in terms of adjustments you just set it and leave it.

What about the color? That's what's most important. :D
hahaha, the race is red :( it goes with nothing on my bike and I wish i would have known a day earlier because i just bought an i fly c for the bike in black and gray and i could have gotten black and red... haha oh well, im a whore and it really doesent matter. if i get sick of it my friend is willing to trade his black lowers...

i'm just gunna go for the race because of the solid crown, and the fact that it goes 15mm lower than the 454.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
haha arent we all. im such a whore i just swapped my perfectly good bel air st for a ultra pinner i fly. oh well, i just couldent pass up on parts that cheap haha.

I probubly will end up switching, my bike is too stealth to ruin it with a silly red fork haha. (i sound SO gay haha)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Dude, I passed on a really cheap Pike 'cause it was red and got a worse fork instead 'cause it matched my DOC... that's bad...

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Bicyclist said:
Dude, I passed on a really cheap Pike 'cause it was red and got a worse fork instead 'cause it matched my DOC... that's bad...
haha, alright man, you win. :heart:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I wish I didn't have to make my bikes perfect, it's like a problem... every detail has to be jussst right...

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Bicyclist said:
I wish I didn't have to make my bikes perfect, it's like a problem... every detail has to be jussst right...
i'm really the same way. and with all my new parts coming in, my bikes are gunna be truly perfect. i dont know how im gunna spend my money :(

anyways, you have aim? hit me up - isurfskatesnow

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
Bicyclist said:

I was lucky enough to have a black frame and want the 06Pike 454 dual-air u-turn. I love it, but I do run it almost locked out almost all the time now.

I have the same problem of color perfection. I didnt want the only red on my bike to be from the Avid parts BB7 and speed dial 7, so I got red ODI lock ons and then I decided that I would need to put a King on there too. If its not red its black with white decals or white with black decals.

My XC bike is a whole other story, Red superlite, Blue Sid, Sid blue race face cranks all becasue I have a Sram 9.0sl "Besty Ross" group for it.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Red Bull said:
i'm really the same way. and with all my new parts coming in, my bikes are gunna be truly perfect. i dont know how im gunna spend my money :(

anyways, you have aim? hit me up - isurfskatesnow
No aim for me rite now but I'm planning on DLing it soon. Gotta wait to get access to my PC as it never seems to work right on my mac.