Quantcast

05 sherman slider or 04 dual hscv super-T?

YETI187

Chimp
Nov 28, 2003
i'm a MAsshole!!!
right now i have an 04 jr.t on my bighit expert. i don't like the bobbing of it, the dive if i land front wheel first, or the spike i get when i land rear wheel first. i weigh 250 lbs and use the bike as an all around fun bike right now, doing some hucks, trailriding, lift assisted riding and occasional dj. this year i'm planning on racing DH too. it's about the same cost to upgrade to dual hscv internal with new springs and oil on the jr-t as it is to get a new 05 sherman slider with heavier springs. which would you guys reccomend? i like the rep the marz has for durability but don't like the qr20+ system. the manitou has had some reports of them being messed up off the assembly line, which i don't like. i'm doing 6' ledges right now and it will probably be higher at the end of the season. i'm also planning on getting a new trail/xc bike this year so i don't need great pedal performance. right now i'm leaning toward upgrading the jr t to have dual hscv internals.

also anybody have any experience with marz 7.5 oil vs other brands? the reason i ask is that on the marz site, the 888 works comes with golden spectro oil, so i was wondering if there are any brands superior to others.

thanks

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
the golden spectro oil is so sweet. i had that stuff in my 01 super T.. why dont you like the QR 20? i like mine other than that it came with the non QR axel :mad:

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
I don't believe that the HSCV Cart. will resolve the issues you are refering to here except fot the spiking. What weight springs do you run? Sounds like you need the heavy spring kit for your fork. I run golden spectro fork oil in all of my forks. you can get it at most motorcycle shops.

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
i am having dual HSCV 03 Super T, it performs okay on DH runs. But if you are into racing i would suggest u to get 888 or other higher fork

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I don't know, I switched to a Slider + after years on Marz. stuff (yes I'm sponsored by Manitou, but that happened after I started riding the Slider and when I sent out sponsorship packets I didn't send one to Marz.). The Slider is light, stiff, and very responsive. I keep telling my self I'm going to upgrade to a Dorado, but I ever time I ride my Slider I just can't see why I should?????

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
exactly what profo said, went from jr t to old school boxxer to dorado for 2 seasons then slider +, want a dorado this season buut have no season to get one, especially since my slider has a ti spring and custom vallved/shimmed internals

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
profro said:
I don't know, I switched to a Slider + after years on Marz. stuff (yes I'm sponsored by Manitou, but that happened after I started riding the Slider and when I sent out sponsorship packets I didn't send one to Marz.). The Slider is light, stiff, and very responsive. I keep telling my self I'm going to upgrade to a Dorado, but I ever time I ride my Slider I just can't see why I should?????
Fair enough, I just had a crap time with mine last year, even with the new evolve stuff in it. I blew 3 sets of seals, bent a damping rod, and had problems with it either blowing through the travel, or not using any (like on stutter bumps). I'm not a heavy guy either, 135 dripping wet.