Quantcast

'05 Yeti AS-X

Just thought I'd pass along this info I got from Yeti Tech Dept...

Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 12:36 PM
To: azonicbruce@byu.net
Subject: RE: Conflicting standover dimensions for AS-X?

...The colors for 05' ano. black, raw, and work(carhart brown) the only changes/tweaks is the bike will be available with a through axel rear end in spring of 05;.
...​

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Will rear ends be avaliable as a hop up for those of us who have earlier models? I'd really like a TA rear, maybe I'll get a bolt on axle first though since it cost a paltry $25 compared to a likely $250+ for a rear triangle.

Kornphlake said:
Will rear ends be avaliable as a hop up for those of us who have earlier models? I'd really like a TA rear, maybe I'll get a bolt on axle first though since it cost a paltry $25 compared to a likely $250+ for a rear triangle.
Not sure. If all they're changing is the axle config I don't see why you couldn't just get a new swingarm. Although I doubt it's $250. Gemini swingarms are about $450... but I digress :devil:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
$450 is rape, considering the front triangle has roughly twice the material and a complete frame with shock and bearings is what? $1300, subtract $400 for the shock another $50 for bearings and fasteners and you're down to $850 for welded aluminum tubes, I'd think a front triangle would cost... oh well it doesn't so what does it matter.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Kornphlake said:
$450 is rape, considering the front triangle has roughly twice the material and a complete frame with shock and bearings is what? $1300, subtract $400 for the shock another $50 for bearings and fasteners and you're down to $850 for welded aluminum tubes, I'd think a front triangle would cost... oh well it doesn't so what does it matter.
What the f*** are you talking about now? Oh wait, never mind... it doesn't matter.

azonicbruce, thanks for passing along the info!