Quantcast

06.14.07 - BMW & Stigmata OPEN - Tempest VID

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Tempest Video

Tons of maintenance this week! The Diablo Trail Crew has been hard at work preparing the Diablo trail network for what looks to be another great weekend!

BMW/Stigmata
This weekend, Upper BMW and Stigmata will reopen to the public! Both BMW and Stigmata have been re-worked and Stigmata now features a much more forgiving run-out.

Please note that the lower portion of BMW will be closed and Stigmata (with go-around) is the only rideable option from BMW. As always, please inspect all features before attempting. In addition, the upper portion of the 04 US Open (USO O4) race course will be open, also leading to Stigmata.

Asylum
The berms of the lower section of Asylum have been revamped and a small step-up jump has been added just before the US Open 'chute' area.

Trails such as Alpine, Domboo, Tempest, Upper/Lower Dominion, among others, have received extra attention this week and are in prime riding condition!

Ride Diablo!

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
I"m glad to hear asylum got some attention it needed it pretty bad a lot of the berms were in bad shape and the grass was gettin to be about handlebar height, a great trail more people should get to imo

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Excellent video, my only question is of the mention of drops in tempest. I have only been on the trail once with my son but when we were going to do it a couple people warned my son of the "drops" on tempest, we flowed down the run together (I took a double run at the actual wooden drop) and came out at the bottom. We both looked at each other and said "what drops" simultaniously. Did we take the wrong portion of the trail? I only saw one line down the entire run except for the shoot off to the right to the wooden drop is there other side shoots to hit drops? I plan on being there at the next race and my son and I are going to ride the days around the diablo #2 so we are both looking to find more natural drops to attempt. Thanks for the info. Dave and Nate

D

dirtyjrzy1031

those guys are crazey riders,i wish i could ride like them,i hope one day i can ride with them.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
George - nice one-handed riding/camera work there toward the end... :biggin:

Seriously though - that was a really cool camera angle that you don't see very often. If you guys could figure out how to make a boom/rigging system to hold it for you while you ride that would be sweet.

To your directorial debut I say: Well Done!

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
linking Tempest to Waterboy is about as much fun as I can have on a bike. excellent work on that one guys. and nice video.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
George - nice one-handed riding/camera work there toward the end... :biggin:

Seriously though - that was a really cool camera angle that you don't see very often. If you guys could figure out how to make a boom/rigging system to hold it for you while you ride that would be sweet.

To your directorial debut I say: Well Done!
Yes cool vid. How about some zip lines for camera work.....lol

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
That was me holding the camera... It hurt...
DOH!

Hope it wasn't anything too painful. As I recall there is a guy from Canada who is an amputee that races DH with one arm. When you look at pictures of him riding it's just insane because you think he's gonna wipe out, but somehow he's managed to adapt. Pretty amazing.

When is lower BMW opening up again?????? I like BMW but can't stand Stigmata. There needs to be another way out of BMW.
Nonsense, Poopypants!

Stigmata is awesome. :biggrin:

davidt

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Tempest was SWEEEEEEEEEEEET, after 15 minutes of rain it was SWEEEEEEEEETEEEEEER!

ASYLUM was Bojangles (SWEEEET)

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Trying to find some skillz...
Tempest was definitely cool. I liked the flow although my jump skills suck. Is it me or is the lip on a lot of those jumps really steep? I'm used to 5th grader cheese wedge jumps. Those half pipe lips freak me out.

Also checked out the Anthem drop. That is f-ing big. Saw some guy it and made it look easy...

Jun 13, 2007
jay,ny
i was only able to get over to tempest once yesterday but it was a great trail, very flowy and since iwas on the left side of the mountian , i hit crap shute and the steps were fun i dont kuow why everyone was bitchin abot them they are not bad!
the rest of diablo :rockout:rocked:rockout:

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
Thats awesome Asylum got some work done I have really started to like the trail but seemed like it was getting neglected. So which one is stigmata again? Hey any attention paid to the section of waterboy that you take a right on after the Asylum rockface? Last question when you get to the end of tempest and you go left that takes you to waterboy but are we actually allowed to take a right. It wasn't roped off the other weekend so I went down adn loved that section it was so much fun. I can not get enough of Diablo