Quantcast

06 66 vrs. 08 66?

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Hey folks.

My new 2008 Norco Shore 2 just arrived at the shop today. Looks sick.

At first I was sure I was going to swap out the stock fork but now I'm not too sure.

The stock fork has rebound, compression and air, I think they call it a RCV. I also have my 06 RC2X, duel compression, rebound,air, single coil.

The 08 is really beefy and with out question should be the stronger fork but is it going to preform better or should I run the '06?

Perhaps better yet sell bolth and get some thing else such as a new RC3?

(bike will be used for fr, xc and dh)

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
swap outs are easy especially since you have the same company base, I.E.Marz to marz not fox to marz.

I would dial the new one in, get commfy with it and the bike, then one day when you have a lot of time on your hands go to the local hill and ride the two forks on the same trail(s) and compare which one you like. or by then it might be glaringly obvious which one you prefer just from prior riding knowledge with the older fork.

The time involved in changing the fork shouldnt be very long, just brake parts, especially if you have a portable bike stand, you wouldnt even need to leave the trail.

Im not a fan of selling stuff though, especially if its already paid for in full. Just hang the other one on the wall, if you blow the other fork or need it rebuilt at least you can still ride the bike or afford not to fix the fork if your short on cash and just ride the other fork until you can get the broke one fixed.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
see I already have a spare fork so I really will have no need to keep both and as one fork is 1 1/8" and the other one point five then a fork swap means a headset swap. No good on race day.

I'd rather have two 1 1/8" fork as my current back up fork has that size steer as does all my friends spare forks.