Quantcast

'06 Big Hit Frame Vs Demo 8 Frame

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
thoughts on this one....I know the Demo is beefier but hey, I am not hucking 50 ft road gaps so since they are both 8 inches what are your thoughts on this one? Help is appreciated..........

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Deffinetly the Demo.
If I am not mistaken, the Demo is even a little bit lighter.
Also as matt said, they are pretty much pigs in the pedaling department. My bro has an 06 with a DHX 5. Even with the propedal cranked it still bobs.
As far as riding DH, the bighits always felt tall, and have a high center of gravity. The Demo will help you corner harder and faster, and whip around way easier.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
thoughts on this one....I know the Demo is beefier but hey, I am not hucking 50 ft road gaps so since they are both 8 inches what are your thoughts on this one? Help is appreciated..........

What type of riding are you doing? I ask because I had a bighit, I have a demo9 and I built up an SX trail end of last season and it is my favorite out of all of them. With a 170mm 66 up front and 170mm in the rear on the 07, it is just enough for almost anything. Corners fast than my d9 is more flickable and easier to get into the air.

KevinR86

Chimp
Aug 13, 2006
Williamsburg VA
The big hit does have some serious pedal bob, they are pretty tall-my medium 04 w/ a 888 basically has no standover height, and im about 5'8". The big hit handels drops and rock gardens decently however i have not ridden anything else extensively to be able to compare the big hit to. I rode a Demo 9 for a day and can say that the standover was much better, it felt more stable, and ridgid, and the weight was not much different. From what i understand the Demo 8s handle pretty similarly to the 9's, but are lighter. It would be pretty hard to go wrong w/ the Demo. i just ordered an 06 overstock medium demo9 from my spec dealer, and am gonna be building it up pretty soon for this coming season.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I helped with a Big Hit build for a privateer. He mentioned that many racers are using Big Hits because they are lighter than the Demo 8.

Haderer helped out on this one. Maybe he can chime in.