Quantcast

'06 Bighit FSR 1 review

So I test rode an 06 bighit today and I must say... "wow"
There was an extremly strong parts spec for a $1700 bike.
As for the ride charactoristics:
^^^THE HIGHS^^^
-Very smooth suspension.
-Quick around corners.
-Out pedals my 04 by a long shot.
-Felt considerably lighter considering the SC fork.
-26" rear wheel
-It was an all around solid bike
^^^THE LOWS^^^
-The fork realy needs to be upgraded.
-lack of adjustability in the rear shock (can be upgraded)

I give it **** out of 5:D

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Sounds great. I used to have a bighit, and it was a great bike. I bet this one is better? What are the parts like on it? Which fork and rear shock?

P.S. Not to sound like an ass, but how can it have very smooth suspension, but the suspension needed to be upgraded? Isn't the linkage very similar, if not exact than an older Bighit?

I may just be talking out of my ass though.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have a 05 Big Hit and the link looks waay bigger than the 06 link to me. Oh well, Ill have to wait till I see a 06 in the shop, soon.

Compare

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Oh yeah, it;s definitely bigger, but not all the older Big Hits had the "Monster Link".:D

Spesh switched to that linkage because of issues with the old style frame tabs cracking to which the old style link (01'-02') would be bolted. The Monster Link was a new feature starting with the 2003 model. I always thought it was a good idea, but it just seemed a bit of overkill - however it is 100% more versatile in adjustments, and the kinds of shocks you can run with it.:D

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Kanter said:
The link on the 06 is waaay smaller than the link on the older Bighits.

Ok let me rephrase. The link on the 06 is smaller than the 03, 04, and 05 Big Hit. And it looks to be the same size as the 01 and 02, which were known for small cracks.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
yaa that link looks very simular to the 8.1" BigLink link that I have on my 03Comp. Thou on the 06 its mounded right to the frame not on the litlte semi-week tabs. Should prove to be a sturdy set up.

p.s Im getting a 06 Bighit III this winter. STOKED!