Quantcast

06 Boxxer WC on IH sunday+ more new parts

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Just got the 06 Boxxer WC on my sunday...it looks sooo awesome..feels very smooth..but havent taken it to the bush yet..i also got a new FSA k-force DH carbon bar..with 1.5 inch rise..and i also took out a spacer...riding much lower compared to my old 2 in rise protapers...corners much better...also got the SIC intergrated stem as well...
called up Craig at avy on thrusday afternoon...hopefully the Chubie will arrive mid next week...cant wait to put that on as well...so when i get it..i will post up some pics and also some actions shots....so ENJOY!! and also tahnks for the help in helping me to choose between the avy and the fox DHX air...i m pretty sure i made the right choice..so cheers to u all

KC

Attachments

David Grip

Chimp
Jun 25, 2005
Nice fork. Have you considered putting a low top crown on. This would increase the distance between the lower and upper crowns. And per the tech dept at RS, increasing the stiffness of the fork.

David

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You can PM Ridemonkey himself and request he change your username. I've done that once before.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Good choice on the avy. You are probably only the 4th person to own one in Sydney, with me being the first :)

But i would have stuck with the DHR over the sunday.

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Cave Dweller said:
Good choice on the avy. You are probably only the 4th person to own one in Sydney, with me being the first :)

But i would have stuck with the DHR over the sunday.
yeah..i sorta do miss the DHR...but o well...gotta move on..hehe...
wow 4th person to own a sunday? i got it mid april....will i be the 1st person to own a sunday with an avy in sydney????????

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
TurnerDHRider said:
wow 4th person to own a sunday? i got it mid april....will i be the 1st person to own a sunday with an avy in sydney????????
Nah, 4th to get an avy. Yes to avy with sunday. I love my avy, so plush, none of this stable platform garbage, just a nice, smooth, plush, bump soaking ride.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
TurnerDHRider said:

what do ya miss about the dhr.
just curious

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
MOTODH said:
what do ya miss about the dhr.
just curious
i dont know...i guess its just the stable platform crap that is on the sunday...when i first got on the sunday...i was like..crap...the turner is soo much plusher than the sunday...that was the only thing i miss...but i guess with the avy now...it will be completely different...so yeah.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
TurnerDHRider said:
i dont know...i guess its just the stable platform crap that is on the sunday...when i first got on the sunday...i was like..crap...the turner is soo much plusher than the sunday...that was the only thing i miss...but i guess with the avy now...it will be completely different...so yeah.
interesting, in what ways do you like the sunday more?
thanks

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
the low bb....it makes the bike corners soooo well...but one down side is that u hit the pedals quite abit..but hey..i dont really mind...both bikes are quite similar in some ways...they are both very flickable...easy to get off the ground and are quite stable in the air...but yeah..both are great bikes...but 1 thing is that the Sunday pedalled much better than the turner did...i guess its thanks to the DW link....

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
TurnerDHRider said:
the low bb....it makes the bike corners soooo well...but one down side is that u hit the pedals quite abit..but hey..i dont really mind...both bikes are quite similar in some ways...they are both very flickable...easy to get off the ground and are quite stable in the air...but yeah..both are great bikes...but 1 thing is that the Sunday pedalled much better than the turner did...i guess its thanks to the DW link....
cool thanks, looking forward to your thoughts on the avy

beautiful bike you got fo sho

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
CBJ said:
165mm cranks are a must on the Sunday if you ride any sort of rocky terrain.
I don't know, i doubt 5-10mm of crank length will make that much of a differance. If the place is rocky you are going to hit cranks no matter what, just need to time your pedal strokes.

IMO, your better having longer cranks to get the power down on smooth sections and just coast through the really rockey sections.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Cave Dweller said:
I don't know, i doubt 5-10mm of crank length will make that much of a differance. If the place is rocky you are going to hit cranks no matter what, just need to time your pedal strokes.

IMO, your better having longer cranks to get the power down on smooth sections and just coast through the really rockey sections.
AIS or someone did some testing regarding crank length, and found that it made **** all difference to your power output (between 165 and 175) except for the very first strokes out of the gate.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
thaflyinfatman said:
AIS or someone did some testing regarding crank length, and found that it made **** all difference to your power output (between 165 and 175) except for the very first strokes out of the gate.
Or out of corners.....

I would be interested to read that article. If you have a link please post it.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Cave Dweller said:
Or out of corners.....

I would be interested to read that article. If you have a link please post it.
I don't remember any mention of corners. I don't have the article or report or whatever it was myself, but I've heard the same thing from a few people (independently). Not sure who it was that did the testing (I *think* it was the AIS but it may have been some US mob).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Cave Dweller said:

I have a Sunday and I have tried both 170mm and 165mm and it makes a difference. It is also good at Plattekill where there are a lot of off camber trails.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
thaflyinfatman said:
I don't remember any mention of corners. I don't have the article or report or whatever it was myself, but I've heard the same thing from a few people (independently). Not sure who it was that did the testing (I *think* it was the AIS but it may have been some US mob).
I think you would find that if the article was written by the AIS (australian institute of sport) then it would be for road riding, or velodrome riding.

DH has alot more stop and starting then either of those.

Anyway, i use 175mm's as i am 185cm and they suit my riding style. The BB on my bike is 14.2inchs as well.

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Cave Dweller said:
I think you would find that if the article was written by the AIS (australian institute of sport) then it would be for road riding, or velodrome riding.

DH has alot more stop and starting then either of those.

Anyway, i use 175mm's as i am 185cm and they suit my riding style. The BB on my bike is 14.2inchs as well.
i m 165 cm..shuold i be 165mm cranks? wow...what a coincidence

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
TurnerDHRider said:
i m 165 cm..shuold i be 165mm cranks? wow...what a coincidence
Not sure if there is some kind of relationship there, i just find i have longer legs so longer cranks suit me, i find i have to spin a little bit too fast with smaller cranks.