Quantcast

'06 Enduro vs SX Trail frame

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
yo a little help on this...what exactly is the diff between the two, I have heard nothing and I have heard the stays and head tube are diff.....so what is it as I am thinking up juicing up my enduro but would hate for my fat a$$ to break the Enduro frame

asif

Chimp
Apr 16, 2007
Snoqualmie, WA
I was on an 06 enduro and it got replaced with an 07 sxt. The frames are quite different. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

The sxt is more bmxee to me. Its feels quite a bit more maneuverable cornering, jumping etc. but has a nice durability feel to it. Like my fat ass wont break it.

If you have the cash get the SX. It will be quite a bit funner going down the hill but also quite a bit less fun going up.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
unless you are extreme gnar hucking 50 foot drops to flat you arent gonna break the enduro
i've seen a vid of this guy breaking one at Ratpac just goofing around on a small drop. Break at the chainstay i think.

But really why worry about it, Specialized has a great warranty policy, plus you get bragging rights if you do break one....

i can see someone wanting to switch frames for how they're riding the bike, but not just out of fear for it breaking.

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
I was on an 06 enduro and it got replaced with an 07 sxt. The frames are quite different. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

The sxt is more bmxee to me. Its feels quite a bit more maneuverable cornering, jumping etc. but has a nice durability feel to it. Like my fat ass wont break it.

If you have the cash get the SX. It will be quite a bit funner going down the hill but also quite a bit less fun going up.
I have an 04 SX and it is a lot funner going down. The frame is more beefy around the rear shock. The only downside is that its easy to clip my pedals due to the super-low BB.... but it corners better than most bikes out there. Its not that bad going up either.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
yeah my wheel came apart pretty quick on that one huh...Well I am going to keep riding the enduro like I have been and when it goes out on me you better have you camera there!

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
keep an eye on your stays. I snapped mine 3 weeks after I bought the frame (probably defective - as I never had a harsh bottom out or a case), and the front end and seatstays bent and fractured with the chainstay. It took specialized forever to get me a new frame - plus they were reluctant to warranty the other frame components because it was my fault I didn't catch the crack in time to mitigate any and all other damage.

I know bikes, I've worked in shops for 5 years - not negligence on my part.

That being said, specialized is usually really good with warranty stuff so maybe someone just had a thumb up their ass when they saw my frame.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
One thing to consider, the chainstays only have a 1 year warranty.

The front triangle has the lifetime though. If you are jumping on the frame keep an eye out for any cracking on the knuckle behind the bottom pivot.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Just spoke to the shop and I specified I wanted the gusseted 07 chainstays. Looks like it's gonna happen. I don't know what color they'll be though. I'm pretty glad to have the newer ones after seeing how weak my 06 ones were. I just kept thinking of those suckers snappin' while on a Shore trip or a long ways out on the trail. I don't like walkin'. I'll keep ya'all posted.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
I feel ya on the walk....had a bad case on 27 near the top and folded the rim up nicely and after a 40 minute walk up...it was a 40 minute hike down :(