Quantcast

06 Gt Dhi ?

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
Is this a single pivot (with a progressive linkage) ?

It looks a little like the San Andreas DNA. (meaning it's not pretty)
I hoped that the GT gearbox DH would hit the market this year, maybe 2007 ?

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
about time pics of that have been released. although i saw the "freeride" version in the latest Decline, i saw photos (raw, not painted version) of this bike/frame a few months ago. It will indeed be the '06 race bike, not the it1. unfortunately I have no info on it, or when it will be released. I'm not a fan on it's looks, but i give GT credit for comingo out w/ a different frame design. ...although i agree it does have a similar feel to the Mtn Cycle San Andreas

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
least you can adjust the rebound, and MAYBE the preload, still leaves the pro pedal, bottom out and air

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
The suspension-parts of that bike is just built bigger than this years I-drive 5.0 and I-drive XC bikes.

The difference is that it uses a real digbone, not a flexbone.

Function should be close to the old ones just lighter I guess :-)

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
well, since your seat tower with be shattered into carbon dust after 3 runs, it's sort of a moot point. there also might be some patent issues with the ripped off santa cruz cock knocker hump.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
If you look at the seat tower, there's two sets of bolts that appear to be holding it down. To adjust the shock all you should need to do is remove the seat tower with these two bolts. Doesn't seem too dificult.

Looks like a Turner to me, but who cares what it looks like. It's got a proven design that is being REFINED rather than re-invented. Props to GT for sticking with I-drive and not wasting time and money producing a different design just to be different.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
bizutch said:
and what is that little bolt just in front of the main pivot?
that is one of the mounting points for the I-Drive.

It will make it's debut at Sea Otter and at the last word I got is that they will be labeled as a 07'

I think a couple other surprises/changes are going to show up on the production models.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
acair422 said:
that should make shock adjustments super easy...not
there is actually a cut out for the adjustments, and i don't think getting to the air res. is going to be that hard either.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I think pics of this were all over the place around the time of Interbike last year...

...it was rumored to be GT's DHi "Storm Trooper" edition.

Blaster and allegiance to Lord Vader sold seperately.

:blah:

To be honest though, I think it looks kinda cool in a "tech" kind of way. I dig the carbon fiber shock cover/seatmast. They just need a paint scheme for it. Dylan, any ideas?

I don't know...I think it looks pretty cool. Anybody know the wieght on that thing?

I'd like to take it out for a spin though and see how it goes. The only thing I'm not too sure about is how far down the roller on the e13 guide is. Seems like you'd want to rotate the guide further up toward the chain stay.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
surfinguru said:
I don't know...I think it looks pretty cool. Anybody know the wieght on that thing?

I'd like to take it out for a spin though and she how it goes. The only thing I'm not too sure about is how far down the roller on the e13 guide is. Seems like you'd want to rotate the guide further up toward the chain stay.
I am more curios about the top guide piece. The bottom will keep the chain on fine. The top block will be rubbing as soon as it sags out with the rider if it isn't already.

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
The bike is stupidly light in the flesh, but even a light bike with that much travel is let down by the looks. Its ugly as, even worse in the flesh.

RhinofromWA said:
I am more curios about the top guide piece. The bottom will keep the chain on fine. The top block will be rubbing as soon as it sags out with the rider if it isn't already.
I don't think so. The swing arm will pivot up and away from the top piece, I see that as a non-issue. I was just thinking with the bottom roller rotated up more it would provide a little more chain tension resulting in a little less chain slap.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It may ride fantastic (if the old GTs are any spryt of evidence), but holy cow, look out for the storm troopers!

You need to ride that thing with JDDs speeder bike helmet, and white no fear gear.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
surfinguru said:
I don't think so. The swing arm will pivot up and away from the top piece, I see that as a non-issue. I was just thinking with the bottom roller rotated up more it would provide a little more chain tension resulting in a little less chain slap.
I meant the chain neadlessly rubbing on the upper guide block. Sorry I wasn't very clear.