Quantcast

06' resolution time..

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
SkaredShtles said:
You may want to consider professional :help: ;)
Yeah, I had that thought many times. Seriously though, in your life there are going to be many times when you do nothing remarkable over 24 hours. That was one spin around the dial I will NEVER forget.

And I'm glad you're happy where you are, but personally I will always be striving for whatever is next. It's a blessing and a curse. :)

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I want to enjoy hanging out with my son that's due on in a month. Sell the liquid, which I regret buying, and get a bigger freeride bike. Get a 30 on the MCAT, and get into medical school. Oh, and I might venture into racing once. I'm just not competitive at all. I also want to lose the poundage I gained in 1998. Yeah....still working on it.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Me(I know this will jinx it):

1) Dabble in road and DH racing

2) Win a jersey at Mammoth in XC and ST

3) Win the National Series

4) Win Cal State

Yeah, lofty goals, but I feel they're attainable.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
get a cross bike, do some cx races, podium at at least one root 66 race series in the sport under 18 class, get a dh bike, top 10 in at least 1 dh race, and getting a girlfriend couldnt hurt.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Podium in an JR.X race at Hood or Williamete
No injuries
Top 5 at a snowboard comp
4 or 5 on the AP test.
Gain 15lbs (muscle)
Have fun

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
-Spend as much time with my Wife and Daughter
-Finish up my Real Estate Appraisal License
-Hat trick at Sea Otter DH, DS, 4x Sport Class 30-34
-Join the CHP ..a stable job not contingent upon the Real Estate Market with a retirement and benifits!!!
-Move to a town/city where I can actually afford a home....not be a slave to one.
-Ride as much as possible
-Enjoy Life

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
actually, i did think of one goal. i wanna be an understudy to The Kadvang so i might have a chance of ruling, too.
Personally I would rather study at the feet of B.V. than Kadvang. Besides we determined that while B.V. rules, Kadvang gets owned by his own hair. :blah:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Westy said:
Goals for '06
-Podium a 24 hour solo race.
-Win a 24 hour team race.
-Double Century
-Get a bunch of work done on my house.
It's amazing we dont ride together. I could throw those exact same goals into an '06 plan. Though I have a slightly psychotic idea of doing an ironman going threw my head as well, but it's just a thought at this point. Almost did a double century on Seagull this year. I figure that would be the easiest place to do it (1 "hill" per lap)

I guess we can work on some of the 24 stuff together <-- Old Pueblo

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
peter6061 said:
It's amazing we dont ride together. I could throw those exact same goals into an '06 plan. Though I have a slightly psychotic idea of doing an ironman going threw my head as well, but it's just a thought at this point. Almost did a double century on Seagull this year. I figure that would be the easiest place to do it (1 "hill" per lap)

I guess we can work on some of the 24 stuff together <-- Old Pueblo
I could only guess we probably have been on the same trail at the same time. We could probably knock out that double century at the same time, although my planned route will include around 20,000 ft of climbing:help:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Westy said:
I could only guess we probably have been on the same trail at the same time. We could probably knock out that double century at the same time, although my planned route will include around 20,000 ft of climbing:help:
That's quite a planned route. Last big ride I did like that was when a buddy of mine and I 'bailed' on the Mountains of Misery ride due to gas prices and just went to skyline drive for 105 miles. Ended up being about 12,500 feet of climbing based on my calculations. Good times.

It's probably about time to pull out the road bike and start hitting up those miles again, since most of the trails are wet.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stoney98 said:
You guys mean nothing to me, it's not worth the time to correct spelling. Sorry to burst your bubble.
-ms
Piss off, attitude-boy.

If nobody or nothing here means anything to you, please don't bother sharing your goals, or anything else here - I'm not sure why you bothered in the first place.

If you're going to get your little panties in a wad every time someone pokes fun at you, when you give it out just as much, then log off the 'monkey and don't bother posting again :rolleyes: - certainly nobody will miss this kind of post.

I'm not sure what got inserted into your rectum in the last 6 months or a year, but I'm guessing it's about six feet long and has spikes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
<snip>
I'm not sure what got inserted into your rectum in the last 6 months or a year, but I'm guessing it's about six feet long and has spikes.
Wasn't it about 6 months ago when he started that high profile investment banker yahoo job at Morgan Stanley or something? :rolleyes:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
1. Ride more
2. learn how to snowboard and get into it before the season is over
3. get decent grades
4. podium a lot and upgrade to semi pro

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
this is the year that i will run a marathon. i said that last year and then burned myself out.

i'd like to have more fun this year too. last year was fun, but i've had funner. i wasn't active enough last year. kind of neglected the bike. thats going to change. got to find a healthy way to deal with the stress of school.

i'd also like to expand my resume'. get some experience in outside of food service this year. get certified for neighborhood outreach HIV testing and maybe get on with community health oriented organization and get some HIV programs set up.

who knows. i love new year because it means i've got 365 more days of new experiences.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
GET MY FAT ASS IN SHAPE!

I'm about 210 lbs. now at 6' 1" tall. I need to be around 185 lbs.

-ride more
-save money instead of pissing it away
-going to Whistler(got the hook up this year!)
-stay broken bone free (I'm trying to break my 3 year streak)
-do some races

that's all I've got for now

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
1, loose kg which i get in 05
2, ride on most (i try all) DH races in Slovenia , Italy and Croatia (i am without licence)
3, make mtb/sk8 movie with my skate friends
4, get into good collage
5, get licence for motobike and buy ktm exc 450
6,get more condition
7,do 5m drop
8,buy PS3
9,win a lottery which i dont play :)
10, get sponsor (?!)

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Heidi said:
Mine: I'm going to venture into DH a bit.
-Come out of my 6 month biking hiatus
-Remember why I grew to love downhilling, the riding part of it, not the racing part
-Convince Heidi to come up to Whistler with us :D
-Get down to Bend more than once this summer to ride
-Improve my snowboarding skills
-Do some ATV races and have fun doing it!!!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Racing Expert DH this year after I loose 40 pounds. There are 7 races in Oregon in '06 and I aint missing it this time.

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
  • Get more than 2 feet of air.
  • Make twice as much money as I did in 2005
  • Buy a pound of ****
  • (Kind buds above)
  • Get naked with a petite Asian women between 5' and 5'6"
  • Smoke > 1/2 a lb
  • Lose the 13 lbs I gained this year
  • Drink less