Quantcast

06' zoke 888vf conversion?

avalanche165

Monkey
Aug 15, 2006
just doing some r&d to get some adjustments on this thing. what are my options? cant find much info on the net or on the forums. heard of ppl converting to rc which would work out great. i changed to stiffer springs and 10wt oil, still feels like poop. what would be involved in converting to rc? price? thanks for any info

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Actually, Call Marzocchi. Obviously for several reasons, such as asking them what you need to do(duh), but because they also have a trade-in program. Your fork plus some cash = RC. But it will cost you about the same to convert it to an RC, approx $260+ on a 66 if I remember correctly. New internals, top caps, etc.
I just kept my 04 888 which works like a dream, and bought 06 lowers. Actually, I powdercoated the first set, broke the axle clamp(apparently, I like to overtighten EVERYTHING) and THEN bought 06 lowers.
You may be surprised at how many people would swap you your 06VF for their RC...
I say sell it, save up some extra cash and just buy an RC.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
you can convert it to rc or rc2 or rc2x but the guys are right it will cost you probably more than what you could have to shell out if selling yours and then buyying a used rc2x or new rc. problem is you would need pretty much everything right down to nuts and dials and both dampers.

avalanche165

Monkey
Aug 15, 2006
thanks for the help guys. im gonna call mike at marzocchi and see what they can do for me. i only paid $350 for the fork, brand new off a kona stinky d, guy owed me one. so thats why i was considering just spending the cash on parts but, gonna look around and see how much the rc's go for. if i end up converting i'll post up pics.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Not to be rude, but prob no need for pics, really, it's nothing special. Basically, it will just be a straight forward rebuild, only you'll be putting different things back in. You'll see the parts and REALLY question why you spent so much cash on something that looks just like the stuff you just pulled out!
Just post pics of yourself killin it RC style afterwards instead...

avalanche165

Monkey
Aug 15, 2006
Not to be rude, but prob no need for pics, really, it's nothing special. Basically, it will just be a straight forward rebuild, only you'll be putting different things back in. You'll see the parts and REALLY question why you spent so much cash on something that looks just like the stuff you just pulled out!
Just post pics of yourself killin it RC style afterwards instead...
cool, thanks.