Quantcast

07 boxxer race or 07 travis intrinsic?

Apr 16, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Im looking for a fork and the highest that I could go on a new fork is around 550.
I was looking at these forks and I would lke your oppinion on which you would prefer.

I havent ridden a new boxxer race yet but I like the adjustability it comes with. I've ridden some of my friends 06 wc and a 05 team before and they felt really good.

I rode this guys travis and felt really smooth, endless travel and strong! Few adjustments though... The thing is that its a manitou and I know lots of people that have had touble with manitou forks before and I dont want to be disapointed...

So what do you think?

Jan 29, 2005
if you get a travis, you MUST order a tpc+ cartridge to go with it, intrinsic does not work, period.

that being said, i like boxxers waayyyy better for their ease of service, excellent warranty service, and all the cool stuff you can do to them.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i just got an 06 boxxer ride (with the team lowers) and it is sickhouse (ok, i only have one ride on it so far). i wouldn't touch the manipoo. i've yet to feel a fork from them that felt like home, though i haven't ridden the one you are considering. sram quality, in general, is better.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
i love my travis triple intrinsic,the fork is doing it's job damm fine,no problems at all,damping is great and smooth.Soaks up all the big and small hits real good.For now the best fork i ride today.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
btw, don't forget the issue of brake adaptors for the boxxer (if you decide to got that way). i just had a nightmare with my boxxer and louise brakes. all is well now, and i am very happy. just be sure you can mount your brakes on the boxxer.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
as someone who has owned and ridden in the last 12 months and can offer a real comparison....
motion control boxxer
rc2 66 sl
triple intrinsic travis,
and fox 40
The travis ain't bad. I've been waiting for many months for zoke to fix the 66sl (2 rides, 2 time sending it back :''''( ) and riding and under spring travis in santa barbara about 2 times a week. The thing doesn't leak (well once I jacked the stanchions on tunnel it did). I've hucked it a little bit, great bottom out resistance, super smooth (as good as any of the other forks), stiff, not a single reliability issue, and i've been running the medium spring and i'm 210 with gear, so I've been abusing it you might say. And for like the 450 i paid for it new.....I can't complain, plus I didn't need a brake adaptor for my hopes! It dives a bit too much, but that's probably cause its just under sprung right now.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I wish man! but i need a dual...
Why do you think you need a dual crown.

Ive been on a dual crown for 7 years.
00 Jr T
01 Super T
02 Super T
03 Super T
04 888
05 888
06 888

and now I run an 07 66. To be honest the 66 feels almost exactly as stiff as a 888. I really cant tell the difference.