Quantcast

07 Boxxer WC Problem

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Ok I'm out of the country and need to sort out my boxxers as they are not working properly. I just recently got them back from a service and they felt great, but a few weeks later they started to ramp up real bad and I am only getting about 4" travel. I noticed they were leaking oil out of the compression dial, so I just replaced the o rings and seal under the floodgate and that has sorted the leak, but they still feel crap. When I drop the front wheel on the ground, it bounces! There is only 130psi in them, when I should be using 160psi for my weight. I have also tried letting the air out of the lower bolts, which sometimes escapes into the lowers, even though a bit come out, it did nothing improve the feel. They feel rock solid and it takes ally my body weight to get them to compress an inch or two. Any ideas? cheers

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Pull off the lowers if you have some fork oil to replace what you take out.

Push on the compression side damper rod to see if it will go all the way in. Then push the air cart rod all the way in. Then get back to us for more directions:)

EDIT:

BETTER YET TAKE ALL AIR OUT OF AIR CARTRIDGE SIDE AND SEE IF THE FORK WILL COMPRESS AL THE WAY DOWN WITHOUT TAKING OFF THE LOWERS.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Pull off the lowers if you have some fork oil to replace what you take out.

Push on the compression side damper rod to see if it will go all the way in. Then push the air cart rod all the way in. Then get back to us for more directions:)

EDIT:

BETTER YET TAKE ALL AIR OUT OF AIR CARTRIDGE SIDE AND SEE IF THE FORK WILL COMPRESS AL THE WAY DOWN WITHOUT TAKING OFF THE LOWERS.
This dude has the right idea - check each stanchion individually to see which one is the problem.