Quantcast

07 GT Dhi

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Just thought I'd show off a customers bike I built up today...

40.6lbs.

Stock they are 40ish, but with thin wall kendas.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Very nice. I have had 3 Dh bikes since I got into downhill, 2 of which where DHi's great bike. If the new ones ride as good or better than the old ones and they worked the I-drive problems then they have a winner.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Just thought I'd show off a customers bike I built up today...

40.6lbs.

Stock they are 40ish, but with thin wall kendas.

If all you did was stick dual ply maxxis on there from the kenda single ply then its definently more than 40.6 the tires are almost a pound more each.
BTW: Have him let you know how those rims hold up, I have been eyeballing them for a month now and just havent jumped yet.
The bike is sweet though. 10 :thumb: 's up

HAD to EDIT: DAMN I LOVE THAT BIKE! Its just slick looking.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
sweet bike

denjen:
what about that I-Drive problems? what was wrong?
Old Idrive had maintenance issues, all resolved now. I rode this new DHi for a day in whistler last summer-really is a great bike, I just don't like the way it looks at all-but it is an awesome DH bike.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sweet bike

denjen:
what about that I-Drive problems? what was wrong?
just like stiksandstones said it is a little high maintanance. nothing huge you just have to stay on top of it. They also used a lot of plastic bushings that wore kinda fast and would bind up if you were not careful and over tightened the BB.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
If all you did was stick dual ply maxxis on there from the kenda single ply then its definently more than 40.6 the tires are almost a pound more each.
BTW: Have him let you know how those rims hold up, I have been eyeballing them for a month now and just havent jumped yet.
The bike is sweet though. 10 :thumb: 's up

HAD to EDIT: DAMN I LOVE THAT BIKE! Its just slick looking.
Thanks for the comments guys. I too will be interested how the rims hold up. We also swapped out the bashie and chainring. Save 300 odd grams there. Not much else we can really do to kill weight. A ti spring is going on soon, so that should see sub 40.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Hell no. Its top secret. hehe

Made from 16" kids bike front plastic mudguard. It just happened to be sitting around and I said- I wonder if this fits. Perfect fit. Two zip ties and its solid and tidy.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
very cool bike. rides nice. but sure is one expensive stock DH bike. dual ply tires good choice. trade out that stem for a direct mount and atleast XT cranks. you got your light weight dh bike

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Its 83mm bb. Do'h.

And not a fan of integrated stems sorry. Thinking x4. Ti spring, then theres not much that can be done really. We could switch to middleburns but its hardly worth it.