Quantcast

'07 Icycle it is on for FEB. 3rd

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
^^^ you have said that numerous times butch. although your wife still manages to come on occasions which well is awsome.

ohh and just for mike...:monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: hope i coverd it all.

EuroNewbie

Chimp
May 14, 2006
Raleigh, NC
expect to get muddy. also there is a flat section and a small uphill near the end of the course that kills the big bike guys, but the rest of the trail is acctually really nice. :
The flat section and small uphill seems like a giant uphill on a big bike, but it is ton of fun. I will definatly be back again this year

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Would I be better off on my Nomad or my Demo for this race? I'm thinking Nomad, but I've been wrong before.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
yeah, definitely the nomad. i'm stuck on the demo for this one and it's gonna hurt in the uphill section. i almost considered putting bigger tires on the P2 and running it but i like the demo too much.

srphillips89

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Boone NC
What's the best way to get there from Greensboro? Do I just need to go to Ashville and then use the directions from the Icycle site, or is there a better way?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
You kids have a good time, I am sick as a dog and playing couch commando on the Doc's advice.

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
What's the best way to get there from Greensboro? Do I just need to go to Ashville and then use the directions from the Icycle site, or is there a better way?
yep just follow this,

* From Asheville, North Carolina take I-40 west. Take the exit for Hwy 74 (Great Smoky Mountain Expressway). Stay on Hwy 74 (four lane) you will pass Clyde, Sylva, and 8 miles past Bryson City (last chance for groceries, restaurants) turn right on Hwy 28. Continue on Hwy 28 for 25 miles.

you will find the gas station after wood rd, turn left at the gas station and that is Fontana Village man.

35°26'12.33"N
83°49'28.09"W

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
FYI....Beer and FOOD in Bryson City...much cheaper than Fontana Village. Once you're in Fontana...the grocery store is a sham and teeny tiny and well...mostly useless.

Bring your own food and drinks.