Quantcast

07 Norco Team DH. 40.9lbs

J

J5ive

Norco Lied its ass off. Came in stock at just under 44lbs (20kg). Few mods and she's now 40.9lb.

To get the claimed weight (41lbs- 18.6kg) I had to add a Ti spring, thomson, Gamut, mg1, Stans and high rollers. Roadie seat and middleburns to come.

Forks feel amazing. Not 100% sold on the roco yet.

J

J5ive

Thanks for the replies

The roadie seat is on. 165gram SLR. I like the layback thomson. I should be on a med/lrg frame, but with it I should be able to get away with the sml/med.

Shock has a little click/clunk in it and the rebound is a little slow for my liking. Perhaps I need to bleed it? I'll have to give it a decent run first.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Lookin good!

Sorry to hear about the roco.... i'm restricted to the damn thing in my next frame, it's sounding like a custom remote-res DHX may be worth the effort though.

Give it a run and see if the click goes away I suppose. A lighter oil will give less rebound, but also less compression (which there probably isn't much of to begin with) so re-shimming the rebound much lighter is probably the way to go.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I haven't had a problem, (well other then snapping the shaft on a roco) with the roco shock.

It is overly active, since there is no pro-pedal type valve, but I like it anyways.

Try bringing the air psi. to 220 on the roco and make sure nothing on the linkage is binding might help on the rebound.

MTB-Bryon

Chimp
Nov 21, 2006
North Vancouver
Every year Norco says their bike will be "really" good next year. And every year they are two years behind. Maybe this year they are only one year eh!
Nice to see their bike is 44lbs through, that is reasonable. Too bad they don't say it is a 44 lb bike.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
That's the nicest Norco I've ever seen.

What brakes, and how are they so far? Looks like ultimate calipers with aluminum levers? (Not normally so eagle-eyed but I just picked up a set of ultimates.)

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
jeebus... why would you put a layback post on a bike that has that insanely slack of a seat angle? otherwise, sick looking bike-cycle!

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
hard to tell from that pic but whats the head angle? I saw one at euro bike and it had a retarded slack head angle

ride2.5

Chimp
Nov 29, 2006
Thanks for the replies

The roadie seat is on. 165gram SLR. I like the layback thomson. I should be on a med/lrg frame, but with it I should be able to get away with the sml/med.

Shock has a little click/clunk in it and the rebound is a little slow for my liking. Perhaps I need to bleed it? I'll have to give it a decent run first.

I don't know how much time you got on your Roco, But after a few rides it will break in and the rebound will speed up a little.

J

J5ive

This I realize. The bike feels fine out of the saddle. The layback just gives me some more room on the 20minute ride to the local tracks. Its only a 25mm offset, I could do the same with an easton, i beam or similar post. As I get used to the shorter frame (I've had the Large 3 years or so) it might end up going, but for now it stays.

HA isn't ridiculous by any means. Feels pretty spot on. The BB was at 14.3 like the site lists. A little lower now with the smaller bag tyres.

J

J5ive

I do like the look of the Fly seats. This is on for now.

Makes it look a bit speedier.