Quantcast

'08 66 RC3 first ride impressions + pics

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
I just slapped on the new 66 RC3 today, and it looks sick. I took it dirt jumping for the most part, with a couple 8' drops mixed in. The fork felt perfect up until I hit a drop. The first time I hit the drop, the fork made a nasty clanging noise like it was bottoming out, but it didn't really feel like it bottomed out...Kinda weird. I hit the drop twice more, and both times it did the same thing. I am unsure what the issue is, but my best guess is Marz didn't put enough stock oil in it. They have been known to do this before. I will certainly be on the phone with them tomorrow. Anyone got any other ideas? Other than that, the fork feels more supple and buttery than ever. I don't have any trail time on it yet, so I don't know how it feels high-speed. Anyways, here's a couple pics for you.

And a half-assed no footed can:

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Damn, those new arches are sekzy.
Very Totem-ish.
Could be too low of oil, but it sounds more like there is too much.
I always rebuild a fork as soon as I get it, or after the first ride. Might be worth stripping it down and putting it back together. You'll want to do it before too long anyways.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
wish i could have ridden with you guys today, miss trick jump and the lighting looks rad bud. new levers, bars and fork eh?