Quantcast

08 Fox 36

Gunnar75

Chimp
May 16, 2007
I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the new 08 fox 36's? I have an 07 sx trail was thinking of getting something with more tunability instead of 66 vf that came with it. JeremyR I saw you were selling your totem and went with a 36. Have any thoughts? Pretty much going to be riding Carter's, Clemson and a few trips to Sugar or Santos this year.
Thanks guys!
-Matt

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the new 08 fox 36's? I have an 07 sx trail was thinking of getting something with more tunability instead of 66 vf that came with it. JeremyR I saw you were selling your totem and went with a 36. Have any thoughts? Pretty much going to be riding Carter's, Clemson and a few trips to Sugar or Santos this year.
Thanks guys!
-Matt
Hey Matt,
Yep, I have had 3 different forks on my SX trail at 4 different travel settings, so I have tried all kinds of things.
I now have the 08 36 float RC2 and I like it the best for sure.
The new 36 forks are really stiff and the damping is just incredible.
That float fork weighs 4.8 pounds, which lightened up the front end alot, and makes the bike better suited for tighter trails.
It makes the bike lower and more aggressive, and I am now using it as my trail bike as well. It works great for this too, well except for the night ride I did last night in ankle deep mud. Total sufferfest.:twitch:
Anyway, I can't speak for the other 36 forks, but I would not hesitate to put the 36 float on your bike for sure.
Take Care, JR