Quantcast

08 Giant Glory... no go

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
Well come to find out the giant glory dh frame isn't available..even tho its in there 2008 catelog. :( so im stuck on the same bike for next year or until i hit the lotto. Anyone else know about this?

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
Well come to find out the giant glory dh frame isn't available..even tho its in there 2008 catelog. :( so im stuck on the same bike for next year or until i hit the lotto. Anyone else know about this?
Other frames ARE available. . . . .

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
As your in the UK give these guys a call www.biketraks.com They got hold of some of the initial production run. Giant are odd in that they prototype the bikes. Then they do a small production run just to see if all is ok. Then go in to full production. Often dikes are dumped after the pre production due to cost or lack of demand. You are best to call them and ask for Tom. Tho Oly knows his stuff as well.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
yeah.. there are other frames.. but not what we sell at the shop i work at, we cary trek, giant, felt, haro, and then road/bmx stuff so not much for choice there. UK u say? im in Connecticut, USA pretty sure it would be wicked expensive still..

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
yeah.. there are other frames.. but not what we sell at the shop i work at, we cary trek, giant, felt, haro, and then road/bmx stuff so not much for choice there. UK u say? im in Connecticut, USA pretty sure it would be wicked expensive still..
Okay what is your point? My shop carries Trek/Electra/Haro/Felt and Schwinn, but we have been able to EP frames/bikes from Transition, Ventana, Intense. The majority of small companies will let any shop employees get an EP deal, just give them a call.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Why not just make a myspace over on sponsorhouse and pick up your frame of choice that way? Then build it with components you order thru your shop.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
that is not true...there is a Framekit available. It will be in the new P&A catalog at your local bikeshop....So just go ask your LBS.

Nov 11, 2007
norcal
Okay what is your point? My shop carries Trek/Electra/Haro/Felt and Schwinn, but we have been able to EP frames/bikes from Transition, Ventana, Intense. The majority of small companies will let any shop employees get an EP deal, just give them a call.
It always makes a shop look a bit more legit when the employees ride/use the bikes/products that they're trying to sell. More customers than you may realize notice.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
i am the local bike shop. thanks, i think i will look for the sponsorhouse dealy...
you work at a shop and dont get EP? theres something definetly wrong with that!

transition will let ANYONE who works in a shop get EP on one of their bike, call when your working one day.

Commencal has bike in BTI or QBP this year, i forget which, but thall also be a good deal.

Cove has the shocker, and the std in BTI, both of those would fair nicely in the DH area

three killer companies right there you can EP

pillete

Monkey
Mar 25, 2005
yeah my shop sucks... sooo no EP of companies for me..
F**k the shop, all you need is your check stub, and a credit card, call companies around ask them if they offer EP most of the times they just ask you for a copy of your paycheck to prove that you work there.