Quantcast

08 Race Rig with a 12inch BB

Luckybikes

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Dracut MA
Bought the Majin off of Price Seliger in October and built it up this semester break with my parts off of my old bike. Just waiting for a new BB to show up next week and it will be finished. I took 2 teaser photos just becuase i am pumped. The part that amazed me the most was how nice and slack this bike is and the 12 inch BB might not run it in that setting to much though. Tell me what you think. Its not finished still need to fine tune some parts of it but i want your opinions.

Thanks for looking.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Also if you can, you should run your shock with the resi in the front.
It looks like your e13 guide might stand to be rotated a bit but can't tell 100% from the shot.

What all are you putting on it?

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Agreed with #5, looks like that resi will hit the down tube when deep into the travel when run in that orientation. Probably switch that up before riding, but cool looking frame!

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
What's the BB height sagged out, like sub 10"?

It seems to me theres a point where a really low BB will cause more problems than help, but cool if it works for ya.

EB-Mitchell

Chimp
Jul 15, 2007
Vancouver
Im not sure if you did this to lower the bike down but the front shock mounting hardware is backwards. what size shock are you running. I just used mine in the 9" setting with the 8.75 and it got a 13.25-13.5 bb.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Sick bike,but the way you mounted your'e rear shock is scary and if you bottom out then the shock is crushed.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Looks mint..!! you not worried about grounding out?? does that company have web site?
Well it really isn't a company. The frame is a garage built from Chile if I remember right. Vitox is the one to get in contact for more info. Also there is a thread about it named 'The sickest of the garage built frames' or something similar.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
hi

looks like you have the shock shuttle on the wrong way, normally there should be about one fingers clearance between the rearmost shock bolt and the seat tube!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I think you will find that too low. I rode a Kona Stab last year that could be adjusted sub 12. I quickly decided that it was much too low. While the cornering and fire road handling are insane, it is useless in rocky stuff even though I'm used to low bikes.

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
woooowww nice majin dude, majin one of the most popular frames in chile.

cheap, and very hard, like a rock!! is imposible to break up!!!!!!

I think majin is one of the most best home made frames in chile and meybe in the world!.

I never see a majin broke or something.

dam majin rULZ! .lol

bye and again, nice majin! good adquisition

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
I really love the fact that you can put the caliper inside of the swingarm, sure it probably doesn't change a thing, but it just looks nice to me...

sick bike