Quantcast

08 Rc2

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
ahhh yes another Fox 40 thread.

I'm not here to bitch and whine about anything, my 40 has been great and I have had very little issues with it except for when I came to clean my seals today. I removed the lowers and was greeted by this

It looks to me as if the "rubber gasket" that seals the RC2 system has somehow slipped out its position(just guessing), It also sounded like something was leaking out of the area. This isn't the first time I have cleaned the seals by removing the lowers, but it is the first time I have noticed this. Lately the fork has felt fairly unresponsive and overall 'beat-up' but I chalked it up to a hard season of riding and needing a good overhaulin. To say the least I will be shipping my fork to the nearest Fox service center to have it looked after.

Any thoughts?

darex

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
yeap, the bladder has been damaged. To fix the problem you need a new bladder, vise, clamp with damper cartridge body size hole , 8mm,14mm and 18mm wrench, some blue loctite, some 10 wt oil, some FOX tech info and some mechanic skills. Torque wrench would be good also. Good luck! :)

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
yeap, the bladder has been damaged. To fix the problem you need a new bladder, vise, clamp with damper cartridge body size hole , 8mm,14mm and 18mm wrench, some blue loctite, some 10 wt oil, some FOX tech info and some mechanic skills. Torque wrench would be good also. Good luck! :)
thanks for the reply. i definitely wasnt going to attempt this one on my own. internals are better left to the experts.