Quantcast

08 WTB DH wheels

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Anyone have feedback on these? Any known issues? They seem affordable and not to heavy and its one of the only 150mm spaced rears I can get for a good price? I'm not a total weight weenie so not a huge deal there. Just looking for reliability and strength. Thanks in advance.....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
hope you have handful of pawls and spare time for hub overhauls, because if they are anything like previous WTB wheels you'll need 'em.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I've been on a set of the DualDuty FR's since September and I love the wheels. They have been very durable. No hub issues yet. I've trued the wheels once since I've recieved them. The DDFR's are quite light as well. The rim's have the I-beam down the center which certainly adds strength and ridgitity. Give the wheels a try. I doubt you'll be dissapointed.

-Kevin

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I ran one of the 06 superdutys and it worked great until the spring on the back of freehub and the plate it engages on more down enough that it wouldn't engage but i called wtb and said it was only 6 months old and they sent me a new freehub and engaging plate for free, geat customer service!!

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I ran one of the 06 superdutys and it worked great until the spring on the back of freehub and the plate it engages on more down enough that it wouldn't engage but i called wtb and said it was only 6 months old and they sent me a new freehub and engaging plate for free, geat customer service!!
Ah yes. I should have mentioned the customer service as well. When I ordered my wheels, I called up WTB direct as not one of our distributors carry the 150mm rear hub in acomplete wheel or set. On the phone the guy I talked to was very helpful, making sure I was getting the right wheelset I was after, that what I was ordering would work with my frame/fork and just general good customer service. The wheels showed up in my shop 2 days after I called. Impressive especially since I didn't even call until something like 5pm.

-Kevin

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
the dual duty FR are the best
only 570 grams and they are strong as hell
they are chip too. only 40$ (and less if you know the right people...)