Quantcast

09 Azonic Outlaws

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
bang for the buck is pretty good, just heavy
Heavy? They are lighter than Dee Maxxes.

Their website has to be wrong on the weight of the front wheel. There is no way.

The weights are the same as last year according to another site.

Last edited:

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
I'll be getting a pair for training/ bike park wheels within the next couple of weeks. I'll throw a post up telling the differences. I wish they made them in 32's....

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
i'm liking that gold... been looking for gold wheels for a while without it being too heavy or stupid expensive... lols

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Old outlaws looked pretty good too, and were $80 cheaper. What other changes are there, besides the color?
I think a lot of 09 prices in general will be higher in general due to increased materials cost/gas prices/ etc. As an example, the 2009 hybrid bikes at the shop I work PT at have jumped at least $80.00 in cost.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
you can build a wheel set for the same price out of the QBP catalog (retail) alone that will last twice as long as a machine built wheel, i promise, scouts honor

Machine built nonsense hate.

Get a pair of outlaws (or w/e) retensioned after the first few rides by a qualified wheel builder, and you have the same thing.

Complete load of crap.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
you can build a wheel set for the same price out of the QBP catalog (retail) alone that will last twice as long as a machine built wheel, i promise, scouts honor
Fill us in...

Rims?
Hubs?
Spokes?
Nips?

Then the cost of someone to build them.

Its not going to happen.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I need some wheels built soon, how much does it cost to get a front and rear wheel laced with a hub and spokes?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
great value for sure. good for practice wheels. other than weight I'd use them for race wheels too. just have to re-tension them after the first few rides. seems like they sponsor everyone and anyone so you can get them really cheap !!

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Best value wheelsets out there. 1157g (F) and 1329 (R) per Sick Lines (2008 model). My brother was killing me coasting down on a street. We were riding pretty much the same bike, except the wheelset. I thought my DT Swiss 240s hubs would be faster, but no way. Really surprised me.

The only thing I don't like them is the spacers on the front wheel. It feels kind of flimsy. Azonic should have designed it so it screws or pushes into place instead of just hanging between the hub and fork.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Well, slap my ass and call me Sally, I am sold.
How can you possibly argue with the advanced science of that test?
Sign me up for a pair!!!
Dude, this was at Mammoth, and at the end of the run you need to coast down on regular street for about 2-3 minutes to get to the shuttle. It is steep, doesn't require braking, and certainly a good test as to which hubs are faster, given all else being equal.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Best value wheelsets out there. 1157g (F) and 1329 (R) per Sick Lines (2008 model). My brother was killing me coasting down on a street. We were riding pretty much the same bike, except the wheelset. I thought my DT Swiss 240s hubs would be faster, but no way. Really surprised me.

The only thing I don't like them is the spacers on the front wheel. It feels kind of flimsy. Azonic should have designed it so it screws or pushes into place instead of just hanging between the hub and fork.
how much do you weigh? your brother?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Dude, this was at Mammoth, and at the end of the run you need to coast down on regular street for about 2-3 minutes to get to the shuttle. It is steep, doesn't require braking, and certainly a good test as to which hubs are faster, given all else being equal.
oh boy...science time!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
We weigh about the same. 190-95lb with gear. We had the same bike, same fork, same tires, same shock. His Azonics were brand new. My DT hubs were about a year old, but recently serviced.
I'm thinkin' tire pressure should be considered somewhere on yer list there. But hey, don't let me disturb the science! Bonk. I shoulda had a V8.