Quantcast

0_o weed is now legal in Canada wed GMT o_0

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
'Morning. 2600 yard swim done before work. Meetings pretty much all day at work, which sucks because I won't get anything done, but it's also kind of cool because I won't have to do any actual work.
do you get prune-y in 2600 yards?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Salary work is BS for the most part. Pretty much a way to force people to work a shit ton of hours for the same money. Which of course you usually find out after getting hired.
THIS, is exactly why I have halted my so called, career progression at it's current levels. Our salaried managers get worked like rented mules. Be on 24/7 AND take a pay cut? No thanks.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
your addiction to carbon will be the downfall of your checkbook.
This is my first carbon frame, so that could be true. I ordered an OG SB66c back in the day, but got screwed over (not by Yeti) and just never ended up getting anything else.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
THIS, is exactly why I have halted my so called, career progression at it's current levels. Our salaried managers get worked like rented mules. Be on 24/7 AND take a pay cut? No thanks.
Quite a few employees here get paid more than managers at the end of the day, but we get paid OT...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’ve found a sweet little alcove of going unnoticed. Salary works okay here. I see it working for a few others, too.

Using my salary to run away to Europe. London, Berlin, Oslo. Not the best November travel, but whatever. I’ll get to be part of an Aesthetic Meat Front performance (don’t google that at work, kids).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this generally has not been my experience, re: overworking. the extra hours are generally infrequent. but we do get worked like mules, however how we are paid (salary vs hourly) has no bearing on this.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That's what she's been telling them for years but her new management is new. As it turns out, your employer has the right to ask you to work 24/7 without overtime pay if you fall in the salaried exempt-from-overtime category, which is pretty much every educated professional making more than $25k/year in this country (some states have higher threshold, MA's threshold is $80/week); and they can fire you when you fail to comply. I learn something new every day.
who knew massachusetts was so cruel.....

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Typical Wednesday up in hur.
Girlfriend has a potluck with some yoga ladies, so that means I am on my own, which means sushi & sake.
Made a pound of canna-butter this week & used a good bit in some brownies. Been sleeping like a champ all week & goddamn if I dont fee like a new man.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Salaried employment can suck if you have an employer that takes advantage of it. Most cases in which I hear people complain about it, that's usually the underlying problem. I'm salaried, and will have to work my full hours today, then drive 45min. to another job for a hospital we're working off-hours. I'll work there until midnight for the next two nights to complete the job. I'll be tired as Frodo in on a misty mountain top, but the employer is compensating teh check with an extra K for making the sacrifice.

Granted, I've had to work for a lot of assholes untilI found this place, but if they ask of you, they should at least give you a subscription to the jelly-of-the-month club, or something.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Good Morning!!

Salaried employment can suck if you have an employer that takes advantage of it. Most cases in which I hear people complain about it, that's usually the underlying problem. I'm salaried, and will have to work my full hours today, then drive 45min. to another job for a hospital we're working off-hours. I'll work there until midnight for the next two nights to complete the job. I'll be tired as Frodo in on a misty mountain top, but the employer is compensating teh check with an extra K for making the sacrifice.

Granted, I've had to work for a lot of assholes untilI found this place, but if they ask of you, they should at least give you a subscription to the jelly-of-the-month club, or something.
Yeah, the Health Care Industry is criminal in making people work crazy shifts with no rest or out-of-cycle sleep patterns at random. It's not like people's lives are at stake or anything...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
20 year warranty for decking is not valid after 5 years because we didn't transfer it withing 30 days of closing. Just an FYI - any Tamko composite decking is not worth it. It's failing within 5 years and they will not warranty it because of a technicality.

Me being a particularly petty individual after I confirmed with them that they were not going to cover the warranty on my 600 sqft deck, no matter what, I let the warranty guy know that my wife is a director at a $25b developer who has direct input into design and product used. She had already said that the fact it was failing risked putting it onto the no usage list but their warranty would determine whether or not it went onto it. He stammered and left me with a 'hold on a second...' before I hung up. Talked to Wifey a little bit ago and she talked to the CEO who confirmed it's on the 'no use' list going forward. I'm probably going to call back and confirm that, just to be even more petty. Because I'm petty.

Edit: So I clarified some things with Wifey. Her company is not the $25b one, but the ~$400m one that is owned by the guy who will own the $25b one when his dad dies (probably in few years) - same end result. Apparently they don't use C-Level titles, but owner/president. Given their properties are high-end condos with large common areas, large deck and patio areas are a given. Also the VP of Construction who is the go to for referrals for all things contractor related has been made aware. My pettiness is rolling towards spite.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Waking up here in Coeur D’Alene, ID. Having a little breakfast then going to an alpaca farm; wifey loves the little guys. Then I dunno, maybe go check out the Stancraft wooden boat factory?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
20 year warranty for decking is not valid after 5 years because we didn't transfer it withing 30 days of closing. Just an FYI - any Tamko composite decking is not worth it. It's failing within 5 years and they will not warranty it because of a technicality.

Me being a particularly petty individual after I confirmed with them that they were not going to cover the warranty on my 600 sqft deck, no matter what, I let the warranty guy know that my wife is a director at a $25b developer who has direct input into design and product used. She had already said that the fact it was failing risked putting it onto the no usage list but their warranty would determine whether or not it went onto it. He stammered and left me with a 'hold on a second...' before I hung up. Talked to Wifey a little bit ago and she talked to the CEO who confirmed it's on the 'no use' list going forward. I'm probably going to call back and confirm that, just to be even more petty. Because I'm petty.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
during the day i'm not wearing a jacket yet. 50s/60s.

i start wearing pants for riding around 45F
it was 42° on my commute in this morning. I wore my LLBean Chamois shirt and a t-shirt. It's really amazing how versatile those items of clothing are.
Made a pound of canna-butter this week & used a good bit in some brownies.
tell me moar? soften the butter, sprinkle in some weed, and voilà? Or do you use oil?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
it was 42° on my commute in this morning. I wore my LLBean Chamois shirt and a t-shirt. It's really amazing how versatile those items of clothing are.

tell me moar? soften the butter, sprinkle in some weed, and voilà? Or do you use oil?
can use cocaonut oil & I prefer that but my girl really wanted butter but here is how i do it...
Put butter in a pot, melt over medium heat, add heady nugs (in my case 2 zips of popcorn bud & sugar trim) stir for a bit until your kitchen smells like cannabis (this WILL make your whole house stink btw), I dont decarboxylate my flower in the oven cuz I think this first step does it pretty well. then I add about half a pots worth of H20, let it simmer on low for at least 4 hours.

remove, strain, put liquid in fridge, until fats solidify, peel off goodness & pour out the nasty green water.

voila!

Cook with like normal butter but be careful & warn the light weights cuz it can get ya in trouble.