Quantcast

1.5 headset reducer that uses 1.5" headset?

engineerjoe

Chimp
Jun 20, 2007
colorado springs
I am buying a IH 7point3 tonight but I want to put my boxxer on the front for DH this summer, and want to be able to swap the stance back on for freeriding. is there a reducer bushing that uses a 1.5" headset (so I don't have to swap bearing cups when I swap forks?)

if there isn't anything like this, do you think it's a good idea? (I'm pretty good on a lathe)

Thanks
Flame away if this is a stupid idea.

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
i think there's an acros like that, i can't remember the model. it uses some kind of acb, but if you get the normal 1.5 & the 1.5 reducer they probably use the same acbs so you'd be able to swap the boxxer and the stance.

i think it's probably still a stupid idea, i just don't know why :)

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Any you planning on running a 1.5" freeride fork or will both forks be 1.125"? Either way you might be able to accomplish this with using a FSA Fat Pig or Cane Creek Double headset with an extra conversion kit. Swapping conversion pieces with the appropriate forks as needed.

toby

engineerjoe

Chimp
Jun 20, 2007
colorado springs
Any you planning on running a 1.5" freeride fork or will both forks be 1.125"? Either way you might be able to accomplish this with using a FSA Fat Pig or Cane Creek Double headset with an extra conversion kit. Swapping conversion pieces with the appropriate forks as needed.

toby

I have 2 forks I want to run on this bike:
1-1/8" boxxer for downhilling only
1-1/2" manitou stance for everything else
and I want to be able to swap them without having to press out/in the other bearing cups
does this make sense? I can't be the only person who wants to do this!

engineerjoe

Chimp
Jun 20, 2007
colorado springs
Makes perfect sense.

Buy this headset, FSA Orbit Extreme 1.5r and install the race on your Boxxer. Then buy a race for this headset, Orbit Extreme 1.5 and put it on your Stance.

Same headsets, only difference is the race.

thanks - I actually already placed an order for the cane creek parts/headset. should do the same thing as your suggestion. I'll update this thread when I fit everything together.

fuct

Chimp
Feb 10, 2008
you can get problem solver tht press in to fit ur 1 1/8 or you can get the fsa reducer headset so that if you want to switch frks this headset will work all you need is the different fork race and bear cap. because the fsa reducer is just a 1.5 headset that and billet bearing cap and fork race thats not cut riht away so thiis way if you have 2 forks different size alll you need to do is switch fork and stem and be done with it