Quantcast

1.5" Steerer???

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
What is everyone using to cut their 1.5 steerer tubes? Just a hacksack? Does anyone know if there is a saw guide like the Park one made for 1 1/8? (That tool was the best $5 I ever spent. Got it from a shop that was closing its doors. Very handy to have.)

toby

R

Rabie

in the trees said:
What is everyone using to cut their 1.5 steerer tubes? Just a hacksack? Does anyone know if there is a saw guide like the Park one made for 1 1/8? (That tool was the best $5 I ever spent. Got it from a shop that was closing its doors. Very handy to have.)

toby
I've always just used a hacksaw. If you need a guide, wrap a strip of tape around it. Clean it up with a file.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I'd think you could make a halfway descent guide out of a piece of wood, find a 1.5 hole saw, cut a hole through a piece of wood then using a miter box cut a slit in it at a right angle to the hole. If you're feeling really adventurous cut another slit running along the axis of the hole so that you can put a c clamp around the outside to hold the guide on the steerer tube. It would work for cutting one steerer tube, it might even work well enough to cut a few dozen.